What's new

True confessions

Wow! 19 replies and no one is talking about the elephant in the room! Ha ha ha

How old is your old helmet? They don't last for ever. That is, after a few years their ability to protect your head is compromised. Most manufacturers recommend replacement within 3 - 5 years (or immediately if involved in an accident). Even when being frank, 8 years is the max. Just thought I'd mention as it could save you the trouble of replacing your liner!

@Half-Fast Mike

I looked at it today, tried to flex it one way and another--it seems okay. And I think this has been its eight season.

What should I be looking for, or is it not something that can be looked for?

lets get some proper confessions , rode for several miles thinking my computer was not working on the bike only to realise I had fitted the front wheel back to front so the magnet was on the wrong side set a PB on several strangely fast and scarey descents before getting home and realising that after having changed a puncture I had forgot to re-engage the rear brake caliper I once bought a rain jacket from lidil, and worst of all I bought a road bike with the words Apollo emblazend on the frame! (Brits should get the last one)

Last edited:
I wore underpants a lot when I was starting out/
I was guilty of this too when got my first bibs, the shame I feel now.

Other than that I'm spotless!! ... Except I ride with a small saddle bag most times. Oh and my stem is not slammed... And I usually ride with short ankle socks... Damn I need to get my shit together.

paisleybud said:
I bought a road bike with the words Apollo emblazend on the frame! (Brits should get the last one)

Quality. I worked in Halfords when I was a teenager. Best job ever.

Apollo was a bit gash, but the Carrera bikes were alright. Was all about racing the pallet trucks out back though, and making dens super high up in the warehouse next to the aircon outlet.

lets get some proper confessions , rode for several miles thinking my computer was not working on the bike only to realise I had fitted the front wheel back to front so the magnet was on the wrong side ---- I once bought a rain jacket from lidil, ---

One day I couldnt work out how I was going so fast & then realised I had mounted a second magnet and I'm still using a Lidl rain jacket :)

@saibot, had a long delay from canyon so cancelled and got this from German by same price as Canyon.

My real prefessionalism, negotiation and communication skill, is judged here... Much harder than my work!

I have 5 (FIVE!) of these, two of which are currently in service, one of which is extended all the way up to the minimum insertion point.
nittotechnomicstandard.jpg

Bike crime? (Yes, it's mine.) ( = confession)

Actually, if there were some sort of armageddon--earthquake, meltdowns, eruption, or whatever--this is the bike I would far prefer to ride away on or have at hand. Apart from some air in the tires, it could go a season or two without any attention/maintenance whatsoever. Bullet-proof.

(The seatpost shock is now on a different bike.)

Last edited:
1. I always get dressed from the left, socks shoes, gloves.
2. I always get on my bikes from the non chain side.
3. My cycling hero is still Lance Armstrong
4. I have a cycling jersey from Lidl

Back
Top Bottom