What's new

True confessions

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
So what do you do that may be against the rules or norms?

1. I always put my glasses on so the that temple pieces are under my helmet straps.

2. All three of my bikes have triples.

3. Two out of three have mudguards/fenders.

Anyone else?

4. I run marathon pluses on one bike.

5. I don't own a single piece of Rapha.

6. When "clean," my bikes are at about what most others are when they "need cleaning."

7. I have an old LAS helmet, and the liner is falling apart. I bought a new liner early last season (2013) but still haven't tried tearing the old one out and swapping in the new one.

8. Two bikes have plain SPD pedals. Every time I ride I forget to add a little lube so that there isn't this weird creak/noise out of my right side pedal.

9. I use Brooks leather B17 or Champion saddles on ALL my bikes (road, MTBs), at over 1 pound in weight a piece, and even chuckle a bit at the guys riding by on the sharp plastic splinters they've planted their butts on--comfort over weight for me!!

I wear normal black rimmed glasses when riding and dont own pair of sunglasses. Oh yeah, and just get socks from 7-11, or whatever combini I am near, whenever my old ones get knackered.

imagesCAB332V2.jpg Just needs RAPHA written on it and I know someone who will wear it.

How come I can't click on those babes and get a big version of the pic...?
Just use google images - search black teddy with pink laces and you will find l---------n wardrobe

7. I have an old LAS helmet, and the liner is falling apart. I bought a new liner early last season (2013) but still haven't tried tearing the old one out and swapping in the new one.
How old is your old helmet? They don't last for ever. That is, after a few years their ability to protect your head is compromised. Most manufacturers recommend replacement within 3 - 5 years (or immediately if involved in an accident). Even when being frank, 8 years is the max. Just thought I'd mention as it could save you the trouble of replacing your liner!

I love the way Chris Williams has filled the void left by kiwisimon, only with more random ride stats. Keep it coming big man.

Back
Top Bottom