What's new

Trouble accessing TCC site

I'm still the same on all my home PCs/Mac: no access. On both it times out after a minute or so.

Did you get that email I sent you Thomas?

I'll contact my hosting company once again. I'm not sure where to look anymore, but I have to admit I'm lightyears away from being a network expert.

- I have made sure that your IP addresses are not blocked (firewall and custom modifications).
- I have emptied the server's ipTable range.
- I have temporarily disabled all modifications blocking proxies and denying access to bots.

@ Mike

I'm not sure if I have already asked you for the IP address affected; if not, could you please PM it to me?

@ Lee

Sorry for my belated reply, I have received your mail. It appears that your IP address is the default address of your home router (private IPv4 network address), there should be another IP address provided by your ISP (it appears you are with Tokyo Apartments).

Gentlemen, once I have received your updated IP addresses I shall contact my hosting company. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I had my server guys take a look at the issue today and the only (slight) problem they were able to identify was a missing assignment for our IP netmask.

I am not sure if this little correction solves the access problems.

Aaron, Todor, Lee, (HF) Mike, Grant (Taffmonster), would you be so kind as to send me your feedback?

Thanks, gentlemen!

I am not sure if this little correction solves the access problems.
Not for me.

Everything else works, but not TCC.

Thanks again for your support, gentlemen, and sorry for the inconvenience! I'm in close contact with my hosting company.

To all those affected: could you please go to the following website

=> http://www.whatismyip.com/

and send me the exact output by PM?

Update: we have flushed our IP tables and it appears that the issue has been resolved. Waiting for your feedback.

Thomas - its still no go for me, though symptoms have changed, though...
First I get a blank screen for about 30 seconds....
Next TCC home page pops up - good news
When I click on any link/page beyond home page, I get a "Oops, internet explorer count not connect to www.tokyocycle.com"

When I click on any link/page beyond home page, I get a "Oops, internet explorer count not connect to www.tokyocycle.com"

Todor, I gave up on IE about twelve years ago. :D

Seriously though, I believe you have our old DNS info cached in IE. Have you tried any other browser yet?

Still the same from all 3 home PC. Tried ie8, firefox and chrome. Deleted all caches and cookies, flushed DNS resolver cache. Still Ng. Also tried disabling norton firewall but NG.

Home PC still NG on office connection and from abroad, even though office PC works OK. Home and office PC have identical software and norton Internet security. Only difference I know of is that MTU settings are raised to 1500 on home PC on instructions from ISP. This quadrupled Internet throughput from 20mbps to 80.

(Sent from iPhone)

Aaron, Todor, not sure if we can do more server-side as we've totaly flushed all blocked IPs, but could you please send me your IP address (home PC) and a traceroute to 72.11.141.66 by PM? Thanks!

It seems to have worked Thomas. No problems from my home mac at all.

Thanks,

Lee

Out of box solution.

Still can't access from any of my home pc's so I came up with an out of box solution:

Removed my new iPad from the box. Yay!

Glad to hear that, Aaron! How do you like the iPad btw? Got mine yesterday (WiFi version), and cannot keep my fingers off it! :D

Although I am not having any problem accessing TCC, I have had problems reaching certain sites in the past. After much research and trial & error, I finally figured it out that it was an MTU problem. For anyone still having issues, I'd recommend setting your MTU to something below 1500. I happen to use 1454, and there is a reason for it, but at this point I can't remember why. The important point is that I haven't had any problems since changing it. Give that a go, and if nothing improves you can always just change it back to 1500. Good luck!

Although I am not having any problem accessing TCC, I have had problems reaching certain sites in the past. After much research and trial & error, I finally figured it out that it was an MTU problem. For anyone still having issues, I'd recommend setting your MTU to something below 1500. I happen to use 1454, and there is a reason for it, but at this point I can't remember why. The important point is that I haven't had any problems since changing it. Give that a go, and if nothing improves you can always just change it back to 1500. Good luck!

Thanks, Pete. It is definitely an MTU issue.

I tried reducing the MTU setting from 1500 to 1454 and TCC came through fine. My throughput, though, dropped from 83Mbps to 2Mbps. I've now returned it to 1500 (which is the setting suggested by my ISP to maximize throughput.)

Thomas, is it possible to raise the MTU settings on your server? Since the issue started with the server move, I am pretty sure there is a discrepancy between the MTU settings on the old and new servers.

In the meanwhile, the iPad is a gas.

Aaron

Thomas, is it possible to raise the MTU settings on your server? Since the issue started with the server move, I am pretty sure there is a discrepancy between the MTU settings on the old and new servers.

Aaron, I shall inquire with my server wizards ASAP. Pete, thanks for the hint!

Happy to help! I ran into this same problem having difficulty accessing certain sites 5 or 6 years ago, and finally figured out it was an MTU issue. It was a real bitch to diagnose so it's something I will never forget! :D

Pucci regarding your bandwith issue you can try adjusting your RWIN and some different MTU's. 1492 is commonly used as well. A good site for bandwith tweaks is: http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks Check that out!

Back
Top Bottom