What's new

Race Trofeo Baracchi 2018 race report

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
A fun race yesterday at Suzuka's F1 circuit. Full summer kit in November!

The race was part of the Suzuka 8h enduro.

Lots of good prizes available for the various categories. And a very well organized event.

The usual race report below.

One for next year?

Andy

Well done Andy. Do you think your Lynsky would keep up on the downhills?
Confidence is a fickle thing.
Suzuka is quite up and down. Maybe you should try Albert Park Australia next year?

Attachments

• 1476978303423.jpg
    1476978303423.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1476978301162.jpg
    1476978301162.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 2
I think the road bike would be quicker down the fast technical descent and up the hill. But for the less technical rolling sections the TT bike is faster.

There is also the wind to consider. A very strong wind on Saturday. A headwind on the climb and a tailwind on the descent.

The TT is more advantageous in the opposite situation, with a wind to help you up and the aero advantage going downhill into the wind.

Gears too. 55x21 was too heavy for the last kick on the climb. I'll take a 23 next year.

But yeah, first time to ride the course and first time to ride together, so we learnt a lot for next year...

Andy

I didn't even know they still made 11-21s. Given the climbs and downhills, maybe some slightly narrower rims would be called for? Supposedly the rear wheel doesn't make that much of a difference, anyway.

I didn't even know they still made 11-21s. Given the climbs and downhills, maybe some slightly narrower rims would be called for? Supposedly the rear wheel doesn't make that much of a difference, anyway.

An 11/ 21 is advantageous on a flattish course. I'll copy in a blog post about gear ratios below.

A disc is nearly always faster on the back. The front is where more variation can make a big difference. My front was too deep for sure. I'm in the market for a tri spoke for next year which I think will be advantageous on lots of the courses I rode this year.

Andy

I looked over the ride data yesterday. And started to stalk the winner on Strava for comparative purposes.

My data analysis in the blog post below.

Cheers,

Andy

Back
Top Bottom