Transformation Complete!

The master craftsman, Vlad, over at Equilibrium Cycleworks has done it again! I contacted him on a longshot about him transforming my steel road racer to a gravel adventure bike since I'm living out in Gunma and wanted the versatility to explore wherever and whenever. Never afraid of a challenge, he said he could do it. He built me a custom fork, and then crimped the chainstays to accommodate bigger tire width. He was able to do it without me even having to get a new paint job (ok, I admit I was kind of looking forward to that...), and just clear coated the fork to match the exposed stainless in back (fork is not stainless).

650b wheels by GS Astuto with 42mm tires (man do they float over the bumps!!), priced right juintech disc brakes (didn't have to change my original mech Ultegra levers), changed the chainrings to 50/34, threw an 11-32t cassette on back with a longer derailleur cage to accommodate.

Now I just have to get these skinny legs into some kind of decent shape - shouldn't be a problem since everywhere I go from my house is up!
See you in Minakami...

Attachments

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
I'd take that up to Tanigawa ropeway and down, then Ichinokura way etc. Don't know if I envy your location more or your bike! :)