What's new

Training Routes near Shinagawa, Tokyo

jsirabella

Warming-Up
Jul 18, 2008
Hello,

I will be going to Tokyo in the coming week and thinking of bring my bike. Mostly business but instead of going to Gold's Gym every morning I was wondering if there is any local routes in the Shinagawa area I could do in an hour or so.

Next I have all day Saturday and Sunday to myself so can go for a longer ride. I can not read or speak much Japanese so a bike map of Tokyo would be awesome! I have been to Tokyo many times do pretty good with the JR and subway lines.

All help is very much appreciated!

-js

Hello,

I will be going to Tokyo in the coming week and thinking of bring my bike. Mostly business but instead of going to Gold's Gym every morning I was wondering if there is any local routes in the Shinagawa area I could do in an hour or so.

Next I have all day Saturday and Sunday to myself so can go for a longer ride. I can not read or speak much Japanese so a bike map of Tokyo would be awesome! I have been to Tokyo many times do pretty good with the JR and subway lines.

-js

If you are in shinagawa, then round the palace is a pretty good route. If you have more free time on the weekend please join us on one of the longer tours, such as this sunday's tour de Westside, which will show you some countryside outside of tokyo!

look forward to seeing you around

Ash

Do you have a link to an english map of tokyo that can show me where is round the palace route?

Also what time and where do you guys meet up for the countryside tour? Is this a "pay for" company route of the westside or you folks just meet up.

I have to find a bike bag it seems from other posts also. Is the bike bag special for Japan or just any bike bag?

-js

If you are in shinagawa, then round the palace is a pretty good route. If you have more free time on the weekend please join us on one of the longer tours, such as this sunday's tour de Westside, which will show you some countryside outside of tokyo!

look forward to seeing you around

Ash

Hello,

-js

Hi Js, nice to see you in here. Pity you're not coming to Nagoya. Anyway, see you back at CF.com sometime. Tyson

I ride the palace every week now....

I've been doing 3 or 4 laps around the Palace once or twice a week lately, usually between 10pm and 11:30pm. In fact, I'm going out to ride that tonight.

Basically to ride the place just head north away from Tokyo station.

I don't have a map here, but this is a cycling journal of all my recent palace rides:

Imperial Palace Recent Rides

So in short, if you are ok with how slow-ish I ride, feel free to join. If you ride faster, I can at least show you the course over one slow lap.

Jason

Japan Cycling Rides Blog

It would have been nice to put a face to the legend but who knows maybe one day I will venture past Tokyo...

-js

Hi Js, nice to see you in here. Pity you're not coming to Nagoya. Anyway, see you back at CF.com sometime. Tyson

How far is it away from Shinagawa? In terms of miles or time you feel?

Thank you for all your help also.

-js

I've been doing 3 or 4 laps around the Palace once or twice a week lately, usually between 10pm and 11:30pm. In fact, I'm going out to ride that tonight.

Basically to ride the place just head north away from Tokyo station.

I don't have a map here, but this is a cycling journal of all my recent palace rides:

Imperial Palace Recent Rides

So in short, if you are ok with how slow-ish I ride, feel free to join. If you ride faster, I can at least show you the course over one slow lap.

Jason

Japan Cycling Rides Blog

How far is it away from Shinagawa? In terms of miles or time you feel?

Thank you for all your help also.

-js

I would guess it would be about 20 minutes, depending on how direct a route you can find from Shinagawa to the palace. I've never quite rode between those two places, so I can't say. But basically within the Yamanote line circle I have found you can go all the way directly across it in 30 minutes or less.

For reference, Shinjuku station to Tokyo station is about 20 to 25 minutes depending on how many red lights you hit.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom