What's new

Training in Tokyo

kmorash1

Warming-Up
Apr 13, 2019
Dear all - I will be in Tokyo for work the week of 22 April. I've rented a road bike from RCC and will be looking to get some early morning training in before I start the work day. 2 questions:

1) Is it best to do loops around Imperial Palace? My hotel is in that area and I've see some cyclists out early morning during my last trip.
2) Any good early morning groups to join?

Thanks!
Kelli

Hi @kmorash1 - I'll be starting up the early morning tama hills ride again next Tuesday the 23rd. You can definitely do the Imperial Palace loop also. There is also a few guys training on the arakawa in the early morning. Keep an eye on the forum. I'll revive that thread.

1) Is it best to do loops around Imperial Palace? My hotel is in that area and I've see some cyclists out early morning during my last trip.
2) Any good early morning groups to join?
Imperial Palace is most likely your best option. Other routes would require navigating a lot of city traffic. Don't know when/where the fast groups meet though.
Tama hills are fun, but at least an hour ride away from you.

If you do a search for "Clatworthy Fred, Tokyo" on strava and hook up with him, he seems to be out there a few mornings each week.

Andy

Hi @kmorash1 - I'll be starting up the early morning tama hills ride again next Tuesday the 23rd. You can definitely do the Imperial Palace loop also. There is also a few guys training on the arakawa in the early morning. Keep an eye on the forum. I'll revive that thread.

Great, what time and where does the morning tama hills ride start?

Back
Top Bottom