What's new

Training around Yokota

reblace

Warming-Up
Jul 23, 2007
I might be moving to the Yokota Air Base next spring and I'm trying to get a feel for cycling in the region. I'm not very familiar with the area and I don't speak Japanese at all, so I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down rides and correlating locations. I ride both road and mountain bike regularly.

For road training, I'm looking for medium (30-50 miles or 50 to 100km) rides that are on roads or well paved paths of variable terrain, good for averaging 20 mph or so.

For mt bike, I like technical, hilly, single track.

I've searched the forums for rides quite a bit, but since I dont know the regions very well I'm having trouble telling what is local to Yokota. Also, I'd like to get an idea of what kind of quality the riding is, whether there is a ton of traffic, if there are nice roads back in the foothills of the mountains, etc.

Any help is appreciated.
-Ryan

you are in the right place!

Hi!

Welcome to TCC!!:welcome:

You are in the right place! Please contact Shay or Ken, they are both at Yokota and can answer ALL you questions.:D

Shay's handle is Freeride39

Ken is KWill

Both are extremely experienced riders and know the works about rides around Yokota

Just send them a private message (pm)

Good luck and look forward to riding with you:D

Ash

I might be moving to the Yokota Air Base next spring and I'm trying to get a feel for cycling in the region. I'm not very familiar with the area and I don't speak Japanese at all, so I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down rides and correlating locations. I ride both road and mountain bike regularly.

For road training, I'm looking for medium (30-50 miles or 50 to 100km) rides that are on roads or well paved paths of variable terrain, good for averaging 20 mph or so.

For mt bike, I like technical, hilly, single track.

I've searched the forums for rides quite a bit, but since I dont know the regions very well I'm having trouble telling what is local to Yokota. Also, I'd like to get an idea of what kind of quality the riding is, whether there is a ton of traffic, if there are nice roads back in the foothills of the mountains, etc.

Any help is appreciated.
-Ryan

Back
Top Bottom