What's new

Ride TrainerRoad Group Ride - Mount Goode

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
I'm in two minds about this one. Weather is great and I should be outside. But sure, why not give it a go anyway.

This ride only really applies to folks who are already using TrainerRoad. TrainerRoad has introduced group rides where you can join a shared workout with others and have a video chat while doing a workout. There is no avatar on the screen, no person to beat in a sprint or up a hill. Just you and whoever joins doing a shared workout together based on each individual persons FTP. The workout is sync'd between us so the hard bits and easy bits will be shared.

I haven't done this yet but one should always try (almost) everything at least once, right?

Anyway: Workout starts 7am JST Saturday May 30th.
NOTE: If you are joining, try to setup a little bit earlier than 7 and let me know on this thread if possible.
The group workout code is: 8ckmyw

My workout of choice is called Mount Goode. It's 90 mins long. Here is the description.

Mount Goode is 3x15-minute intervals at 95-99% FTP with 8-minute recoveries between intervals.

Goals
The primary objective here is improvements in muscular endurance accomplished by growing your ability to repeat efforts at near-FTP wattages. By working close to but below your FTP, you not only accumulate a lot of time at a meaningful level of stress, but recovery from slightly sub-threshold effort comes much more readily than recovery following work done above your FTP.
Try to hold your spin above 85rpm and even as high as 105rpm depending on your sustainable power and cadence goals.

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
Kind of glad nobody showed up. I died a 1000 deaths during that. It was entertaining seeing the video though. Will give it another go another time.

tigerkamen

Maximum Pace
Jan 6, 2012
This should be done on a rainy weeknight.i'll try to join if schedule permits next time.

The weather was superb today!

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
I only do early mornings on the bike as once the kids are awake I’m a slave till they sleep. I might set up a few more of these though. Still not going out (even though I’m tempted) as my family are all coughing although it doesn’t seem to be corona (but who knows).

Top Bottom