What's new

Tech Trainer Road mobile apps.

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Anyone using the TR app with android or ios? Is so are you using a ANT+ dongle or how do you connect sensors ?

If it's not a power meter or something expensive might be cheaper just to change to dual mode sensors. The ones I got from decathlon are cheap n cheerful.

I use TR almost exclusively on my iPad. My sensors are connected via Bluetooth. I wouldn't bother with an Ant+ dongle if so were you, unless you have a power meter without Bluetooth.

Yeah I have the bluetooth PM but ant+ HRM was being difficult until I figured I could use my Garmin recording all the data I could see and the app would deal with the power data. thanks for the replies.

If it is a heart rate monitor that's holding you back, just get a new one (unless you have e. g. a Bluetooth-enabled fitness watch). I know they last ages and I know the impulse to not replace something that still works. Still, seems like an easy fix.

TR doesn't automatically load my workouts on Zwift like Training Peaks does. Although TR says I should be able to run Zwift as I'm doing my TR workout, it didn't work for me. I was trying this on my iPad Air using bluetooth. I can connect my sensors (pwr, hr, spd/cadence) on either app singly, but not simultaneously.

Any ideas?

TR doesn't automatically load my workouts on Zwift like Training Peaks does. Although TR says I should be able to run Zwift as I'm doing my TR workout, it didn't work for me. I was trying this on my iPad Air using bluetooth. I can connect my sensors (pwr, hr, spd/cadence) on either app singly, but not simultaneously.

Any ideas?
I think the problem is that most devices only support one concurrent Bluetooth connection. So you'd have to use an Ant+ adapter with your PC that runs Zwift. Or are you running both on your iPad?

Thanks. I used Zwift on my Macbook and TR on my iPad. Got it working.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom