What's new

Trade full Campy Gruppo for Sram or Shimano

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
I am looking to trade my full Campagnolo 10 groupset (I have 3 to choose from veloce, centaur and record) including wheels (4 sets to choose from alloy, carbon, tubular, clincher) for a Sram or Shimano 10 speed groupset with wheels. Not picky. I dont want to sell or transact any money, just straight up swap. 105, Rival and above only. Open to ideas, I have allot of components to choose from and can sweeten the deal by installing/removing your components. Please post here. I need it for cross season in 1 month. Seems my potential sponsor has something against Campy

LOL - I've run in to the anti Campy thing as well Chuck - Im also looking to build up my cross bike.

I'm interested...

What would you trade with the following?

Brifters: SRAM Rivals 10s
Rear Derailer: SRAM Rival Long (Can use up to 32T)
Front Derailer: SRAM Rival Clamp 31.8mm (Not shown)
Brakes: SRAM Rival Clamp t(Rear Not shown)
Cogs: CS-6600 12-25 OR CS-5700 12-27
Wheelset: Bontrager Select (Sorry, I don't have shimano)
Chainset: SRAM Force Compact Carbon 34-50 (Not shown)
BB: SRAM British GXP BB

Surprisingly for Cross, SRAM and CAMPY are used more. Shimano SORA is pretty popular, too - mainly cause the thumb shifter vs a full 'brifter'. Also - if you're doing real cross bike - you should use the top pull derailler. Shimano new CX series is really nice - I'm using it as part of our CX 'Bike Kit'. CX-50 is actually plenty OK, Combine that with the Sora shifters, CX-70 Cantis, Derailler, Tiagra level GS rear and cassette - and well, that's a pretty solid combo.

Record 10 Brifters
Record 53-42-30 172.5 Crank
Record BB x2 (italian and standard thread)
Centaur 11-25 Cassette
Centaur Carbon long cage Rear Derailleur
Record braze on Front derailleur with 32mm clamp
Tecktro Long reach brakes
36 hole Mavic GP4 tubular rim built around Campagnolo Veloce rear hub DT Swiss spokes. Built last year, never been bent or trued since original build
28 hole Mavic GP4 tubular rim built around American classic front hub Hoshi Bladed spokes.
36 hole Mavic GP4 tubular RIM ONLY
36 hole Campagnolo Record HUB ONLY (was gonna build so I have a set of 36 spoked wheels)
*note
No chain, No Cables, No tyres. All components in great working condition and well maintained.

I figured due to your touring an such you would enjoy the triple. You are also welcome to come to Nagano and stay in my guest room for the night this weekend or next while I do the swap or I can just ship to you and when you receive you ship to me.

Quick question, I haven't tried Campa yet (and tubulars:)) and have bunch of Shimano tools. Do you know any special camp tool to install this grouppo?

I have an unused 105 crankset 172.5mm 52-39. Do you prefer this than the SRAM Force compact? You seems to prefer a longer crank.

I have and extra cassette and bottom bracket tool you can have. Other than that no other special tools are required. As for the crank I don't mind the 170 it is for my cross bike and I wouldn't mind the extra clearance. Tubulars are great but for touring clincher is easier to deal with. If you travel with a spare and rim tape its not a problem though and tubulars are less prone to flats. That is up to you though. I didn't offer my clinchers because they are quite expensive the deal is already pretty sweet (record for rival). Also if their is any way you would be willing to send both cranks I have some sweet vintage campag brakes I will throw in

Campy chain tool is required for record chains but any thing below record group can use any standard 10 speed chain tool . I recommend the veloce chain. Lasts longer and much less expensive, also able to install with shimano chain tool. Stay away from non campag chains. different width, even if they say its compatible it is not

Let's do it... Send me your stuff and I can reuse the boxes/fillers when I send back to you.

BTW, which you prefer on the COGS: CS-6600 12-25 OR CS-5700 12-27

Note also and same with you, no tires, wires, chains.

What is your recommend tubulars for 'training' & 'touring'?

I have decided that I really do not need the Shimano crankset. Just ship with the Sram. Please PM me your address.

The trade is for the original deal of
Record 10 Brifters
Centaur 11-25 Cassette
36 hole Mavic GP4 tubular rim built around Campagnolo Veloce rear hub DT Swiss spokes. Built last year, never been bent or trued since original build
28 hole Mavic GP4 tubular rim built around American classic front hub Hoshi Bladed spokes.
36 hole Campagnolo Record HUB ONLY (was gonna build so I have a set of 36 spoked wheels)
No chain, No Cables, No tyres.
I will also give you a campy cassette/bb tool. If you can spare your shimano cassette tool I would greatly appreciate it, as I need one. If you cant please make sure the 12-25 6600 cassette is installed. Also I found I have some used Campagnolo Original cables. If you add the 12-27 5700 cassette I will put the cables in the box. Make sure to confirm or reject this and please acknowledge that you understand I do not want the standard crank, so I will not be shipping the vintage Campagnolo brakes.

From you:
Brifters: SRAM Rival 10s
Rear Derailer Rival
Front Derailer: SRAM
Brakes: SRAM Rival
Cog: CS-6600 12-25
Wheelset: Bontrager Select
Chainset: SRAM Force Compact Carbon 34-50

If this deal is what you agree to I will ship my set on Monday and please ship yours as soon as possible. I have some product testing to do and need to get this group set on my bike yesterday!

For touring I would recommend the Tufo S33 PRO along with the Tufo sealant. If you want a wider tyre, Continental Gatorskin. Avoid the Vittoria rally. At every shop in Japan, but lumpy as hell. Every revolution bump.bump. bump. JUNK!

-Chuck

MOB, sorry, I just cant take them off of the bike in the picture! If I do sell the bike I will PM you about the brakes.

I have decided that I really do not need the Shimano crankset. Just ship with the Sram. Please PM me your address.

The trade is for the original deal of
Record 10 Brifters
Centaur 11-25 Cassette
No chain, No Cables, No tyres.
I will also give you a campy cassette/bb tool. If you can spare your shimano cassette tool I would greatly appreciate it, as I need one. If you cant please make sure the 12-25 6600 cassette is installed. Also I found I have some used Campagnolo Original cables. If you add the 12-27 5700 cassette I will put the cables in the box. Make sure to confirm or reject this and please acknowledge that you understand I do not want the standard crank, so I will not be shipping the vintage Campagnolo brakes.

From you:
Brifters: SRAM Rival 10s
Rear Derailer Rival
Front Derailer: SRAM
Brakes: SRAM Rival
Cog: CS-6600 12-25
Wheelset: Bontrager Select
Chainset: SRAM Force Compact Carbon 34-50

If this deal is what you agree to I will ship my set on Monday and please ship yours as soon as possible. I have some product testing to do and need to get this group set on my bike yesterday!

For touring I would recommend the Tufo S33 PRO along with the Tufo sealant. If you want a wider tyre, Continental Gatorskin. Avoid the Vittoria rally. At every shop in Japan, but lumpy as hell. Every revolution bump.bump. bump. JUNK!

-Chuck

I'm OK without vintage brake and we have a deal!

On the extras:
- I have cables so I won't be shipping the 12-27 cassette
- I have an extra shimano cassette tool and will include in the shipping

Thanks for the tubular recommendation.

Will PM my address.

Jose

Components being boxed now, I may even hit the post today....
Thank You and a pleasure trading. Just what I needed and I hope just what you need. I am so happy to have this club to do this. I have so much gear piling up it is really nice to get something new and not have to spend money, rather clean the house of things I am not using. I hope this will inspire more trade threads or even a trade sticky. I know I have allot more things to get rid of and allot of things I want!:D

Conti gator sprinters rock! Maybe the only non-bumpy tire Conti makes, too. 2nd the Vittoria Rally - not bad, but why have people fixated on it here as the 'Tri Tire' ?? It's basically on same level as the Conti Giro, which wears 2x as long. Tufo is good - but rolling resistance is high unless you hammer them tight. For training / touring / commuting my favs:

1) Conti Gator Sprinter (only 4300 yen now at Wiggle!)
2) SOYO 'Green'
3) Vittoria Pave

For cheap demo tire and just having something on the rim:

1) Conti Giro
2) 'no name' Challenge (http://www.yellowjersey.org/tt.html)
3) The sale bin at Y's - you'd be surprised what they put in there sometimes!

When you wanna go fast

1) Veloflex
2) Vittoria Corsa CX
3) VIttoria Cronos
4) Gomi Italia
(I take Challenge off the list here because they are arrogant pricks and their remake of the Clement Seta is an abomination to the name)

Back
Top Bottom