What's new

Toying with the idea of Rollers.

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
I have had several trainers and never really enjoyed them. I suppose no one does. I just don't like them. I find when I would plan on getting on the trainer, I would just go and ride outside... in the rain, cold, etc... I HATE it.

Having never ridden on rollers, will I find the same overall lackluster feeling on rollers? I certainly do not want to just buy a set blindly and user them a dozen times.

I have read a few of the threads on here from last year discussing rollers.
But... Not knowing the people personally, it is hard to judge their goals.

My goal is just to keep moving on the bike and not deal with stoplights and yokohama traffic.

I have Tacx Galaxia rollers - bought with good intentions but really not used very much in the last 15 months.

You're welcome to try them - either visit with your bike, or take them away to play.

thanks for the offer Mike.
Try before you buy is the best.

I will hit you up soon about it.

With the size of your telly, I have no idea how you could get bored on a trainer!

If you get rollers, will you be selling your trainers? I might be in the market for a new one.

I actually bartered my trainers in the states prior to moving here.

I actually paid the band at my wedding reception with two bicycle trainers and a few misc parts I had laying around.

*And I do love my TV. :)

If you get rollers, will you be selling your trainers? I might be in the market for a new one.

I am in the market for a trainer as well. I imagine there are a few members who want to get rid of theirs, but I don't see any in the classifieds.

I got some rollers from a friend here - Minoura Professionals (the heavy kind). They are pretty good - not as smooth as the old Cinelli's I used to have, but close. Other than that, I'd say the best thing is to sneak on the rollers at your local Keirin Jyo. They have a whole row of them in the warm-up room and boy they are smooth! Very heavy but awesome to spin away on. I tried some of the cheap plastic rollers - wow, they suck, but the workout seems really good! I'm somehwat interested in the sliding frame rollers since they seem to be better suited towards 'dancing'.

I have a pair of Tacx Antares rollers and a CycleOps Magneto Pro trainer. Very happy with them both, but a different tool for different workouts.

I use the rollers for recovery days and cadence work, but they don't offer me enough resistance for interval work. For that I will use the trainer. My trainer is also significantly quieter than the rollers.

Kreitler 3.5
The best rollers.
Never tried the keirin ones, seem like same quality but really heavy.

I use cyclops rollers.

They are nice, I wish I had Kreitlers though.

http://www.babol.co.uk/kreitler.asp
They look smooth!
You can see the keirin ones on this clip about women's keirin
https://www.google.co.jp/url?sa=t&s...tYD4Cw&usg=AFQjCNELnchFqNkL1NUtQpfwshvmcAB93g

I have Elite Ghibli which are fine for me but nothing like the above!

Nice. There was a good reference on those pages that reinforces the idea that you don't want standard sized rollers for high wattage workouts, unless you add a resistance unit to it.
http://www.babol.co.uk/pdfs/kreitlerwattage_chart.pdf

I had some Kreitlers - very smooth. My Minoura Pros feel alot like my old Cinellis. I like heavy rollers. The Keirin-jyo warmup rollers are ... just that - - embedded into cement and super smooth (and heavy). I'm interested in the sliding rollers for use in dancing, etc... didn't try them yet. Anyway - for me rollers are 'discipline'. It's the same as being Catholic and having to do the rosary. You just have to do it.

Kreitler 3.5
The best rollers.
Never tried the keirin ones, seem like same quality but really heavy.

I use cyclops rollers.

They are nice, I wish I had Kreitlers though.

Back
Top Bottom