What's new

Tour of California 2009

Freeride39

Peloton Leader
May 28, 2006
Final Teams Announced for 2009 Amgen Tour of California Professional Road Cycling Race which Begins February 14th

Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer Fabian Cancellara and Oscar Freire will Lead Race's Best-Ever Field of Seventeen of the World's Best Teams to Compete in February 14-22 Stage Race

LOS ANGELES, January 22, 2009 – Joining the previously announced eight ProTour teams, nine additional Pro Continental and Continental teams have been confirmed for the 2009 Amgen Tour of California by AEG, presenter of the professional cycling race. The nine-day stage race will feature 17 of the world's top professional teams, including world-renowned riders Lance Armstrong, two-time defending champion Levi Leipheimer, three-time World Champion Oscar Freire and 2008 Olympic gold medal winner and world champion Fabian Cancellara, racing more than 750-miles from the state's capitol, Sacramento, to San Diego County.

Seeing how well Lance has ridden in Australia I would watch out for him. He has trained in those hills that surround Solvang, California. Man I just missed the tour last year by two days. And now I will miss it again. Plus, since Levi is originally from Montana I will be cheering for him too. But looking at the teams that will be there it should be very exciting.

James

Back
Top Bottom