What's new

Tour Of Britain

onm

Sep 2, 2009
I know it is basically finished, but I thought it would be good to have a chat about it.

A lot of interesting things about it, I thought...

-Jon Tiernan-Locke is a beast.

-Loads of riders seem to be using Dura-Ace chainsets; much more than the TDF or other tours.

-They rode through the most beautiful countryside in the world.

-Ian Bibby vs. Geraint Thomas was ugly

Etc.

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, and watch the UK coverage.

All of the people being interviewed stand with their hands behind their backs... Weird...

Where did you see it? I could only find the first stage.

It was great to see a lot of the teams pushing thier Neo Pro's.

Rapha Condor has some serious talent and I hope they continue in 2012 as it great to see low budget teams mixing it up with the likes of HTC and Sky.

HTC was great to watch....Cavendish letting Renshaw go to win a stage.... some very good riding by Cav to keep the rest of the sprinters at bay allowing HTC to take a 1 -2 rather than maybe a 1 - 4 or 5.

Also great to see that British Cycling is becoming more serious, great coverage and filming and just the turn out on the roads by local communities and fans a like is proof that the goverment has got its stance on road racing completely wrong!

Let's hope that this increases the events in the UK maybe some more UCI 1.1 racing as the UK has some amazing locations for these types of races.

Back
Top Bottom