Ride Tour de Utsukushigahara?

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
I've been a little bored lately, so I've taken to browsing thru some of the pics that appear at the top of the forums page.

So..., can anyone tell me where & when the Tour de Utsukushigahara is?

full

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
Rides out of Matsumoto city up to the Utsukushigahara highland. It's really steep from the start. After 5kms it flattens out for 1km. Then it climbs again at about 7% av. The last 2 or 3km are a fast up and down rollercoaster.

Held in June, it forms part of the hillclimb series which includes Chokai at the end of July and Norikura next weekend.

I won a Nintendo wii there a few years ago. Better than the usual bags of rice and sake...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
I've been a little bored lately, so I've taken to browsing thru some of the pics that appear at the top of the forums page.

So..., can anyone tell me where & when the Tour de Utsukushigahara is? ;)
Sorry that a couple of you took me seriously--I should've had the wink or something else on there in the first place.

So, I can of course be a little jealous of @TOM, there, but this next pic..., hmm...

full

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
No, not me. (While I do cream my crotch, I don't tint my toes.)

Actually, the caption suggested it might be Thomas' legs.

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
Another oddball that couldn't've been posed if you'd spent all day planning it. A mamachari rider in the back, someone reading left, and another non-cyclist just sitting, bikes all around, and an inexplicable pose by the only cyclist there.

And then there's that bit to the lower right on the blue sheet. I think I see an arm, and another body (head covered?), or something like that. (and a boot)

full

And this is Chiba, so who knows what those blips on the horizon are.

Last edited:

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
Proof that you don't need red to show off your undercarriage:

full

And those glasses...?

(Many apologies to his Deej-ness)

Last edited: