What's new

Tour de Okinawa

Mike, good race in January, Meiji Jingu Criterium once i have details will let you know. Also im thinking of riding the Tokyo - Itoigawa again early next year a bark mad 1 day 300km race.

I will also be doing weights and also doing some PISTA and Keirin over the winter.

Oh and Mike when we show up "Squipes" Double A's or what ever they go by better get ready for demotion.

Mike,

It's not THAT cold! It's the rain (and soon the snow) which is the problem. I do my best training in winter though - weights, cross training and rollers.

A great book to get you started in weight training is "weight training for cyclists"

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/..._m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=0HGRWHS233V91EC6N1PB

It's really good and details exercises and how you should build up through the off season.

Ideally you should go to a gym (especially for the heavier stuff) but when time is limited, it's amazing what you can do with a decent set of dumbells at home.

By the way, I hope you take James up on his offer to do Tokyo~Itoigawa! The beer and onsen at the end make it all worthwhile!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Mike,

It's not THAT cold! It's the rain (and soon the snow) which is the problem. I do my best training in winter though - weights, cross training and rollers.

A great book to get you started in weight training is "weight training for cyclists"

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/..._m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_r=0HGRWHS233V91EC6N1PB

It's really good and details exercises and how you should build up through the off season.

Ideally you should go to a gym (especially for the heavier stuff) but when time is limited, it's amazing what you can do with a decent set of dumbells at home.

By the way, I hope you take James up on his offer to do Tokyo~Itoigawa! The beer and onsen at the end make it all worthwhile!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Andy, even with the beer and onsen that sounds like a madman's race:confused: But in 2007 just after I'd started cycling again after a 10 year break I met Thomas and Philip in the mountains on one of their 200km plus rides and thought they were mad. At the time a big ride for me was around 60km and look what happened! So who knows, I may see you guys there.....

p.s. thanks for the book tip. There's a chapter in the cyclists bible on weight training but this book looks very comprehensive....

Andy, my weight training for cyclists books has arrived, Thanks for the tip;)

Mines on route! :D Along with "workouts in a binder" due to family commitments and lack of cash to get Mikes Wonder trainer need something to keep it interesting on the rollers or turbo trainer.

Mines on route! :D Along with "workouts in a binder" due to family commitments and lack of cash to get Mikes Wonder trainer need something to keep it interesting on the rollers or turbo trainer.

ahmm ahmm, didn't you just get a power tap Mr. money bags? :p

yes but I had to beg borrow and steal to get it ;) well beg, beg and beg to be more accurate.

Oh and please go visit Tsukino at the local circus where she starts her new job. :D

The organiser knowing it was my first time racing it asked me how it was.... my reply "Never, Ever again... I don't even want to look at my bike let alone ride it!"

He smiled and walked off.

30 minutes later he was back with the same question.

My response was completely different. Its the craziest thing I have ever done and it has been a motivator during my racing this year when things got tough.

I was ready to do a David Millar on the bike and then set fire to it!

I think for me in the last tunnels my thoughts were " If I get run over and killed by one of these so close to the finish I will be so pissed."

Back
Top Bottom