What's new

Official Ride Tour de la Pink 2008 (24th TCC Tour)

can i still join?

Hi guys, new to this group. I work between California and Tokyo and commute regularly. Fortuitously, I am in town this weekend and was hoping to join the Hanami Tour tomorrow!

Please let me know if there's room for one more rider :)

Thanks,
Kevin

ride only

my apologies i forgot to mention that I'll be on the ride only - looking forward to tomorrow.

Yes, its the time of year for the mighty

Tour de la Pink

Saturday, March 29th 2008

Like last year we will be visiting all the best cherry blossom places in Tokyo all in one day, with lunch of course and followed by a dinner party. Last year we had a fantastic tourand a great party afterwards, so looking forward to it!

This is a very easy ride, dead flat so do not hesitate to invite your friends, no matter what age or type of bike they have, all are welcome to join.

We will announce the meeting place and time later and like last year, we welcome any suggestions.

Who is going to join us?

Ash and Yasuhiro

-------------------------------------Disclaimer from TCC--------------------------------------
[in Japanese 日本語]
以下の内容に同意の上、オフィシャルツアーにご参加ください。

---------------オフィシャルツアー参加規約---------------
東京サイクリングクラブ(TCC)は、オフィシャルツアーにおいて発生する事故・怪我・損害等について一切責任を負いません。すべて参加者の自己責任において処理・対応をお願いします。対人・対物の事故が発生した場合も、事故の相手との交渉・対応等は全て事故を起こした方ご本人が行ってください。
上記内容に同意いただけない場合は参加をお断りいたします。

Sora

I rush in this ivent.

Hi Ash-san & Yasuhiro-san,

thank you for organizing the tour!:D
And also thank you to all the members who joined the tour. I enjoyed it very much.:D

Btw,
WANTED:
(to the members who went to the restaurant in the evening)
I could not find size sample XXL jersey (blue one) after the dinner in the restaurant.:(
Did someone bring it back to your home by mistake?
I have to sent it back to manufacture.
Please check your yesterday's baggage. Onegai-shimasu.:pray:

(昨日、夜お店に行かれた方へ)
すいません、昨日の帰り際にジャージのサイズサンプルのXXL(青色)が見当たりませんでした。:(
誤って持ち帰ってしまった方、いらっしゃいませんでしょうか?
サンプルは使用後にメーカーに返却しなくてはならなく、困っています。
お手数ですが、昨日の荷物をご確認いただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。:pray:

I found where the XXL sample jersey is.:D

Thank you for your cooperation!:D

Btw,
WANTED:
(to the members who went to the restaurant in the evening)
I could not find size sample XXL jersey (blue one) after the dinner in the restaurant.:(
Did someone bring it back to your home by mistake?
I have to sent it back to manufacture.
Please check your yesterday's baggage. Onegai-shimasu.:pray:

(昨日、夜お店に行かれた方へ)
すいません、昨日の帰り際にジャージのサイズサンプルのXXL(青色)が見当たりませんでした。:(
誤って持ち帰ってしまった方、いらっしゃいませんでしょうか?
サンプルは使用後にメーカーに返却しなくてはならなく、困っています。
お手数ですが、昨日の荷物をご確認いただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。:pray:

Video from Tour de la Pink

Hello everyone,

It was great to finally meet members of TCC on yesterday's ride. Thanks again to Ash for doing all the organizing and keeping 30 plus riders on the move.

I put together a quick video from yesterday's ride. Nothing terribly exciting, but maybe something to show the family:

Tour de la Pink 2008 VIDEO

I hope to ride with TCC members again soon. In fact, I am thinking of "leading" a ride down Arakawa to Tokyo Bay and then Sea Side park next Saturday (April 5th). I mentioned this ride to a few people yesterday. It is a ride I think most people could easily do, about 60km from Shinjuku roundtrip. All pretty flat. Toughest part is riding against the wind down the Arakawa. I am posting the route on bikely.com now and will share that when I finish.

I did this ride last Saturday, here is some video for that: Arakawa to Sea Side Park VIDEO

Jason

A big thanks to Ash & Yasuhiro-san for such a splendidly-run tour. :)

Also, to all the other riders for making it such fun!:) (and the nomikai:D)

I will definitely be in more runs in the future!

Duncan

Nice video, thanks for putting that together! Wish I could have been there myself.

rounding about tokyo by 32 riders

special thanks for Ash, again.
and, many thanks to the rest of all riders of yesterday for making the run a great fun.

also, thank to jcollin3k for uploading pics to web for us.
i'll be looking forward to see you all very soon, after a tour to france which starts this week.

Miguel

--

昨日はありがとうございました。

Ash-san Yashuhiro-san、参加された皆さん
昨日はありがとう&お疲れ様でした。

満開のサクラを今年もTCCの皆さんと満喫できたこと感謝しています

昨日初めてあったメンバーの皆さん、また一緒に走れることを楽しみにしています。

最後にNaomi-san ヒューストンからライドの情報まっています!
私も置いていかれないように頑張ります:p

It was a pleasure to join you all in the restaurant in the evening and thanks very much to Ash for organising this.

Lee

Pictures!

Hey everyone, thanks for making my first TCC outing a great experience. It was great meeting everyone!

Here are some of the pics from Saturday - look under the folder "Tokyo Cycling Club - Ohanami 2008"

http://www.kevinyu.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=359

There are a couple of non-cycling Ohanami pics from in the "Tokyo Ohanami 2008" folder too

a special shout-out to Ash for organizing the ride & managing a 30+ group of riders through the middle of tokyo... and to our military folks for providing the security to make tokyo the special place that it is!

Enjoy the pictures, if anyone wants full-size originals for prints, let me know and I will email them to you. [email protected]

Pink

Ash-san and Yasuhiro-san
ツアーの企画から実行までお疲れ様でした&ありがとうどざいます☆
去年同様今年もすばらしい桜がみれて満足です
それにしても楽しかった〜

Thanks All!

Such a great day it was!! I enjoyed alot riding with y'all. Looking so much forward to meeting you again soon :D

Special thanks to Ash/Yasuhiro for leading that such a huge party PERFECTLY..

BTW, I think I still owe WALTER 240 yen ..

Thanks,
Juno

Tour de la Pink Report

Here is a belated report!

Getting Under Way:

From the start I knew we were not going to be leaving at the designated time of 10am, so 10.30 was not too bad. It was a pleasure to roll up though and see Shay and Ken, at least we had 3 people in the right place!

It is always a bit of a surreal experience however to have someone you do not know walk up to you, shake your hand and inform you that they are 'skunkdog 007'. But thats the joy of an internet bike club! Men turn out to be Women, and vice versa, so apologies to Juno I really had you pegged as a guy (pleasantly surprised though!).

Everybody turned up, I will not go into all the names, you know who you all are, but we left with around 30 riders and picked up a couple of folk on the way.

And so we wound out of the station, a huge long snake of a peloton with Yasuhiro bringing up the rear. Because of the traffic the back of the group was sometimes hundreds of meters behind me and often out of sight completely. Next year got to get some walkie talkies!

Nakanodori was very beautiful with the trees in full bloom and I thought this would make a nice start to the tour. But it was VERY slow going though, so thanks to everybody for their patience!

We turned on to Shinomekaido and then went through Takadanobaba until we hit Meijidori and then we turned on to the cherry lined banks of the Kandagawa and followed the river all the way to nearly iidabashi. Things got a bit hinky on this section. It was only meant to be a route, not a stop, but everybody seemed to get quite carried away and stopped and started taking pictures, so we lost half the group for about 15 mins!

Koishikawa:

By this stage we had taken 1 hour 20 mins to get to Iidabashi. We stopped and went into Koishikawa (thanks Walter for organising the group entry) and I knew we were never going to make it to Ueno as planned. So after getting everyone out of the park (late again) it was time for lunch!

Takebashi

We turned the group's nose towards the Palace and headed towards Takebashi down Hakusandori. At the station there is the big Mainichi Shimbum building whch has a floor of restaurants so people could choose what they wanted. A lot of us all ended up in the same place though, which was good.

Chidorigafuchi and the Palace Loop

This was where the fun really started and we hit the crowds. Across the road from Takebashi we hit uchiboridori and the trees of chidorigafuchi, Tokyo's most popular cherry blossom viewing spot. It was heaving with people, of course. We made our slow progress for about a kilometer and then when we hit the main part of the road we took off around the palace, making much faster time and then

Yasukuni Shrine

Unbelievable crowds, you could hardly move. We parked the bikes and walked up. It was the Spring Festival there, one of the two main festivals. I gave a few people a bit of a tour of some of the main features, the Torii, the main shrine, how to purify yourself before you pray, the trees which are designated by the weather bureau to show the start of the cherry blossom season and we popped into the museum to have a look at the 'zero sen', the famous plane on the first floor there. Back to the bikes!

Aoyamabochi

Nice to see my old friend Travis, whom we picked up at the shrine. He was just back from climbing some god forsaken toge, so the Pink was a day off for him! I was, I confess not 100% sure of the route at this point as I had actually not ridden down that way for a few years. But anyway we made it to the last stop without misshap. At this point it was nice to turn things over to Travis, who got us all back up to Suidobashi without incident and we were only 30 mins later than we thought for the restaurant! So not too bad I thought!

Thanks to everybody for making it a memorable ride! Next year we need the TCC jerseys and the walkie talkies though!

See you all soon!

Ash

:cool:

BUMPITY BUMP!!!

Even a smaller version this year may be nice..... Ride to one central place?
BYO? Pottering version?

Back
Top Bottom