What's new

Official Ride Tour de la Pink (12th TCC Tour)

Ash

Warming-Up
Apr 23, 2006
Hi all

This is a first notice for everybody of the (unofficial) Tour de la Pink, a cycling hanami around all the major hanami spots in and around Tokyo.

We are aiming for Saturday March 31st. when we are hoping that the blossoms will be at their best!

The idea will be to visit the following spots, but if you have any good ideas, please let me know by March 17th and we will see if we can include them in the route.

1. Inokashira koen
2 Shinjuku Gyoen
3 Yasukuni Jinja
4. Chidori ga Fuji
5. Korakukoen
6. Along the river between Iidabashi and Ichigaya
7. Ueno Koen

Other ideas are welcome, the route is not decided yet!

We will stop at one place for lunch (please bring a bento) and finish for dinner at an izakaya!:beer1:

Who would like to join?

If it's a Saturday, please count me in as well! And we should definitely upgrade to an official tour if more members join. :smoke:

Hi Shay and Thomas!

Thats great! Look forward to seeing you both. Shay, I better get that new red handlebar tape off you for the ride seeing it is kinda 'pink'.

OK, Thats three people in:

Ash
Thomas
Shay

Who else is going to join us?

Ash

Info

Greetings, all.

Sorry if I get flamed on this one.....

Is the Tokyo Cycling Club mainly road racers? Just curious, since I am more of a Mountain Biker.

Can anyone reccy a Mountain Bike Club? I am located in Tachikawa (I know...the sticks)

Also, can anyone reccy a decent bike shop? The ones around here..well....lacking. Or is my best bet going on-line. One of the main problems I have is the fact that I am 6'1" and a lot of the equipment simply does not fit me.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Greetings, all.

Sorry if I get flamed on this one.....

Is the Tokyo Cycling Club mainly road racers? Just curious, since I am more of a Mountain Biker.

Can anyone reccy a Mountain Bike Club? I am located in Tachikawa (I know...the sticks)

Also, can anyone reccy a decent bike shop? The ones around here..well....lacking. Or is my best bet going on-line. One of the main problems I have is the fact that I am 6'1" and a lot of the equipment simply does not fit me.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

hi!

While it is true that nearly everyone I know at TCC has a road bike, we are not primarily racers, rather we are a cycling club and anyone with a bike is welcome. We have started to do some racing, but we also do a number of short and long tours and other things. Please come and join us!

Sorry I dunno anything about shops for mountain bikes or that kind of thing.

Maybe someone else here does?

regards

Ash

Count me in. And please send me direction (I am new in Japan) from Yokohama station to starting point and I will be there.

Docswink: I, myself is looking to buying a road bike. So I've been looking around and so far I found two shops. One is few stations from my home (Keyku Isogo), decent size store with reasonable selection and competitive $. The other one is near where I work it is a great shop near where I work (Akasaka Intercity) and if you want i can find out details and let you know. I went there the other day and it seems they have a good selection. They have 5 floors and each floor is filled with bikes. If you are interested I can find out names for you

Count me in. And please send me direction (I am new in Japan) from Yokohama station to starting point and I will be there.

Please watch this page and we will be posting the route and details of the ride in mid march. In the meantime if you have any suggestions we are open to them. Will be looking forward to meeting you!

ok! Now it is 4 people!

Ash
Shay
Thomas
Dpercyk

Who else?

Ash

Love Hanami!

"hana yori dango" トラ is in too!
I'll be there! T

Count me in as well.

Thats great Ken, will look forward to seeing you!

Yasuhiro tells me he is also coming, so now we are

7​
riders!

Ash
Shay
dpercyk
Thomas
Travis
Yasuhiro
Ken

Looking forward to hearing who is next!

We have upgraded the "Tour de la Pink" to the 12th Official TCC Tour. :D

Other potential sakura places I would like to suggest:

- Shiba Koen
- Chidorigafuchi Koen
- Rikugien (Bunkyo-ku)
- Koishikawa Korakuen (Bunkyo-ku)

We have upgraded the "Tour de la Pink" to the 12th Official TCC Tour. :D

Other potential sakura places I would like to suggest:

- Shiba Koen
- Chidorigafuchi Koen
- Rikugien (Bunkyo-ku)
- Koishikawa Korakuen (Bunkyo-ku)

Thanks thomas. I am also thinking aoyama bochi too... The dead end of town!

Anyone else with cherry blossom suggestions please let me know. The route will be published in the first week of March.

I will know for sure on the 20th of Feb, new roster, but should be ok.

Thanks Trucksan, will look forward to meeting you!

And now we are 8 riders!

Ash
Shay
Thomas
Travis
Dpercyk
Ken
Yasuhiro
Trucksan

Who's next for the pink progression?

花見ぃ~♪

わーい:p 参加したいです。
shinobuーsanも、参加できるように調節中するとのことです♪

2名追加で宜しくお願いします!

I don't have anything that I have to do that weekend (that I know of), so I'd be interested in joining. You'll have to remind me about it, though.

--Ben

Back
Top Bottom