What's new

Official Ride Tour de Kusatsu 2009

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
I am sure everyone got their envelopes today: TCC mountain goats, it's Kusatsu time again!

TCC_mountain_goat.gif

I don't think that the race needs further introduction, but here are the accounts of TCC's participation in the previous two years:

2007 and 2008

The official websites are maintained by Kusatsu Onsen and Sports Entry. The race will be held on April 19, 2009. Internet registration starts on January 1, phone registration on January 5, 2009, entries will close on March 25, 2009.

As the "Tour de Kusatsu" is in fact Travis' very own domain, I will leave the drumbeating and the KT scheduling up to him. :)

I just hope that we can conclude the race in the same way we did last year (R406, read more here).

-------------------------------------Disclaimer from TCC--------------------------------------
[in Japanese 日本語]
以下の内容に同意の上、オフィシャルツアーにご参加ください。

---------------オフィシャルツアー参加規約---------------
東京サイクリングクラブ(TCC)は、オフィシャルツアーにおいて発生する事故・怪我・損害等について一切責任を負いません。すべて参加者の自己責任において処理・対応をお願いします。対人・対物の事故が発生した場合も、事故の相手との交渉・対応等は全て事故を起こした方ご本人が行ってください。
上記内容に同意いただけない場合は参加をお断りいたします。

I'm in too...

Thanks Thomas, last year was great fun and I'd like to be part of it again. Looking forward to joining some of the forthcoming KT sessions with Travis and bettering my time of last year.

Just signed up...at sports entry. 白根山コース(18km)男子C
My first Hill Climb Race. :warau:

I want to do Gunma on the 18th too, but that may be asking too much....

Registered so far (if the latest intelligence briefs are reliable)

- Alan
- Lee (Ritchy152)
- Naomi-san
- Pete (Edogawakikkoman)
- Shinobu-san
- Thomas

Me too!

Looking forward to the pre-race ride/race too;)!

Registered so far (if the latest intelligence briefs are reliable)

- Alan
- Lee (Ritchy152)
- Naomi-san
- Pete (Edogawakikkoman)
- Shinobu-san
- Thomas

I just registered a couple of days ago, may join you in the morning as I did last year.

Minoru Arai

9th rider

count me in, please.
I just registered.:D

There are a few of us from Yokosuka that are interested in doing it!! Is there an English race form we can submit?

Thanks!! Chris :)

11 riders

Hi all,

long time no see. genki?

Registered so far,

1. - Alan
2. - Lee (Ritchy152)
3. - Naomi-san
4. - Pete (Edogawakikkoman)
5. - Shinobu-san
6. - Thomas
7. - TOM
8. - Arai (araim1)
9. - Sora
10. - juno
11. - Sergey (kpykc)

Are they ok? I will fix the number of booking minshuku.

そらさん

すご~くお久しぶりです!お元気でしたか?
Alan&Naomi 宿泊宜しくお願いいたします。
草津は去年出たかったのに出られなかったから、とっても楽しみにしています:)

Naomi

Sora さん

ちょっとだけ心配してましたよ。

でも、私は去年と同様に宿は別です。スミマセン。出発のときにお会いしましょう。

新井

Ride back to Tokyo

BTW, I will be driving up to Kusatu on Friday with my folks. But I am free on Sunday.

If anyone wish to have a ride back to Tokyo, I welcome you to join me.

Minoru Arai

No need

to book for me neither. Accommodation already taken care of. Thanks Sora-san. This time, I will make it a point to drop by in the evening for a :beer:.

お願いします

Sora-san

宿泊手配お願いします。
毎年ありがとうございます:)
今年は練習不足で・・・ちょっと不安。でも、温泉!楽しみにしています。
皆さん、草津で会いましょう;)

accomodation and schedule

Naomi-san, TOM-san, Pete-san, Arai-san and Shinobu-san,

Thank you for your info.

Then 11 riders:
1. - Alan
2. - Lee (Ritchy152)
3. - Naomi-san
4. - Pete (Edogawakikkoman)
5. - Shinobu-san
6. - Thomas
7. - TOM
8. - Arai (araim1)
9. - Sora
10. - juno
11. - Sergey (kpykc)

Accommodation for 8 members:
1. - Alan
2. - Lee (Ritchy152)
3. - Naomi-san
4. - Shinobu-san
5. - Thomas
6. - Sora
7. - juno
8. - Sergey (kpykc)

minshuku info:
Same as last year: ryokan "Kojimaya Ryokan (小島屋旅館)":
=> http://www.kusatsu.org/kojimaya/index.html
The accomodation fee is 7,650 yen with dinner and breakfast.
(Special price for Tour de Kusatsu riders!!!:D)

meeting point and time:
April 18(Sat.)
For those coming by train from Ueno:
The train that most of us will be on leaves at 10:00 from Platform 15.

1. There will be no point in going out of the ticket-gates at Ueno station (only to have to go back in again), so you can wait for us INSIDE the "Chuo-Kaisatsu" Ticket gates (near the "Newdays" store), and we will meet you there at 9:50. OR, you could head straight to the train on platform 15.
2. In order to get through to the train (on platform 15) you will need TWO tickets – one is the regular train ticket: \2,940, and also the "Express ticket": \2,190.
To save time, you should be able to buy these tickets from any of the larger JR stations beforehand – although you may have to wait in line.
There is also an "Express ticket" machine just outside of Platform 15 (in case you didn't manage to buy one earlier!)
*Note: You DON'T need "Reserved Seats" – There should be plenty of space in the "non-reserved" (自由席) cars.
3. IMPORTANT: You will need to walk all the way up to one of the FRONT 4 carriages!
The train splits at "Shin-Maebashi", with the front four cars going to Kusatsu, and the rear 7 cars going to Minakami! (Car no. 1 is at the rear.)
You will need to be on cars: 8, 9, 10, or 11.

Train...
Ueno Sta. 上野: 10:00 ~ 長野原草津口: 12:28
(JR特急草津3号 2,940円 + 2,190円=5,130円)

Back
Top Bottom