What's new

Official Ride Tour de Kusatsu 2008 (25th TCC Tour)

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
It's that time of year again… KUSATSU!!!
April 19 & 20 (Race day).
* Entry closes on March 25, but it's best to get in early.

The "Tour de Kusatsu" is quite a short race – only 13km, up a not too steep-ish mountain, climbing 800m in altitude over that distance (average 6%).
For anyone familiar with the Kusatsu region, we climb up to the top of Mt. Shirane.

There's also a little festival held in the town centre the day before the race.
The stay overnight can either be arranged privately, or through the website, depending on your budget.
However last year, all the TCC members (9 of us) stayed in the same "minshuku" – It was a great party (almost family-like) atmosphere.
This year again, we have decided to stay at the same place:
KOUAKAN – Reasonably cheap and very comfortable with great food!
http://www.kusatu.com/kouakan/
If we can get near enough to 10 people, we will have the whole place to ourselves – "Kashikiri"!

With the entry fee of 6,000 yen, you also get a free "Onsen" ticket to use after the race.

The trains to Nagano-Hara-Kusatsu-Guchi (長野原草津口)station leave from Ueno about once every 2 hours on Saturday!

This will be my 4th year, and I've gotten faster with each attempt!
2005; 57mins:48secs
2006; 51mins:02secs
2007; 48mins:06secs
2008; Hopefully, under 47 minutes!

The winner usually has a time of just over 35 minutes, and the last person has 2 hours to get to the top!

For anyone who's not exactly sure what to expect, please read the reports from last year here:
https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=281&page=7
(Read report 3, and you'll see that the weekend's riding doesn't have to finish with the race either!)

*NOTE: As in previous years, you will need the whole weekend to do the race, as you need to be there the day before to sign-in.

So far, the people definitely entering are:

Sora
Thomas
Travis
Nobu
Shinobu.

Also from last year:
Arai-san
Pete
Yasuhiro-san.
We still need confirmation from you guys!

Is anybody else interested?
Please reply.

Rubber down!
Travis

-------------------------------------Disclaimer from TCC--------------------------------------
[in Japanese 日本語]
以下の内容に同意の上、オフィシャルツアーにご参加ください。

---------------オフィシャルツアー参加規約---------------
東京サイクリングクラブ(TCC)は、オフィシャルツアーにおいて発生する事故・怪我・損害等について一切責任を負いません。すべて参加者の自己責任において処理・対応をお願いします。対人・対物の事故が発生した場合も、事故の相手との交渉・対応等は全て事故を起こした方ご本人が行ってください。
上記内容に同意いただけない場合は参加をお断りいたします。

Sora

So far, the people definitely entering are:

Sora
Thomas
Travis
Nobu
Shinobu.

Also from last year:
Arai-san
Pete
Yasuhiro-san.
We still need confirmation from you guys!

Is anybody else interested?
Please reply.

Rubber down!
Travis

Travis

Since my name is already in. I will be there. My taget is under 60 minutes this year:) It was 62 minutes last year.

Minoru Arai

Put me down as a possible. I am still thinking about it...

my goal would be to beat the broom bus !:eek::eek::eek:

Ash

Hi Tora San

Last years Tour de Kusatsu was great. I loved it.

I will be entering this years race again as well. A few weeks ago I received an application form for this years tour. I hope to submit it shortly.

It's also awesome that we will be staying in the same guest house again.

Hey Ash, we will be able to race the broom bus together:p

Cheers

Pete

Travis, can you put me down for a possible for this one. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hi Tora San

Hey Ash, we will be able to race the broom bus together:p

Cheers

Pete

Excellent! I imagine it will be a near thing...

Travis, you can upgrade me to a definite, I will be there!

Ash

入れてください!

これは、行っとくでしょう!参加します:)
昨年より+4kgですが・・・目標無いと・・・。やせなきゃ自業自得くらいのプレッシャーがあったほうがよさそうです。

晴れるといいなぁ・・・

One more for Kusatsu

I'm up for this. Count me in for a night at the minshuku/ryokan too.

だーーーーっ!おいらも参加だいっ!!

掲示板ではご無沙汰です。
もっちろん、今年も四の五も言わず参加でっしょー!去年の雪辱は、100倍にして返しますぜ!
2月から奥多摩で武者修行(自主連)スタート&中旬には「シヴァ弐号機」こと
「OPERA CANOVA(with CHORUS)」デビューです。

I want to join!

I'm new and it's my very first hill-climbing 'race' yet I'm sooooo interested in joining.

Would u accept a woman participant?

BR,
Juno

Need info

i guys..can you direct me to a comprehensive list of all hill climbs in Japan?

thanks,

Patrick

I'm new and it's my very first hill-climbing 'race' yet I'm sooooo interested in joining.

Would u accept a woman participant?

BR,
Juno

Of course! Women are welcome! You won't be the only one!

Ash

Hi. I'm new to Tokyo and would love to take part in this event. Think I'll need to do a bit of hill training too, so if there are any hill sessions happening in advance please let me know! So far, lots of laps of the palace and gym bike only ... Ben

エントリー完了っ!

鼻息荒~~い参加表明から少し時間が経ちましたが、今さっきエントリ完了しました。

>>Yasuhiroさん
オイラも体重増量気味です(冬だから、しょーがないっちゃしょーがない):warau:
2月を皮切りに、減量&ヒル練に励もうと思いマス。また、奥多摩や筑波山に行きましょう:bike:

Important!

Even though the dead-line for entry is still a while away – March 25 – I think we should all start registering our names as soon as possible!
With some races (Tokyo Enduro, for example), the number of race entries gets filled up very quickly, and it can become impossible to enter, even well before the set cut-off date.
Therefore, everybody wishing to enter should have their applications filled in, and be fully registered well in advance.
So far we have:

Sora - (Confirmed)
Thomas - (Confirmed)
Travis - (Confirmed)
Nobu - (Confirmed)
Shinobu - (Confirmed)
Arai-san
Sha (Freeride39)
Ash
Pete
Mike
Yasuhiro
Shibayama (SHIBAGON) - (Confirmed)
Aphex
Juno
Baustin

That's 15 people, and we will all need to register individually!
*Only 6 of the fifteen have been "(Confirmed)".

Nobu-chan has registered for the both of us, and I think Thomas, Sora, Shinobu & SHIBAGON have registered too.
For the rest of you, please register at this site:
http://www.sportsentry.ne.jp/event.php?tid=14604

The cost is 5,500 yen.
The site is all in Japanese, so you may need to get a Japanese-speaking (reading) friend to help you navigate the site so that you can register.
Please leave out the "accommodation" section – or just write "already arranged!", as Sora-san has taken care of that;
We'll be staying at "Kouakan" (the same place as last year), and the cost is about 7,000 yen for the nights stay, including dinner & breakfast.

If your name is on the list, and you have not yet registered, please do so as soon as it is convenient for you.
Once you have done so, please reply to tell us that you are definitely "confirmed" for the race; and also to let Sora-san know the exact numbers for the accommodation.

This is important information, and will help the weekend flow smoothly for all of us.

Also the same as last year, we will all be meeting at Ueno station at around 9:30.
If this is inconvenient for you, or if you are choosing a different method of transport (last year, Arai-san went by car, and was very helpful to us by carrying our luggage), please let us know.

See you all in Kusatsu!
Travis

----------------

Personal messages:

>Ash, Pete: I assume you're both OK with the entry!?
>Freeride39: Hey Sha, can you register from where you are? If not, give Sora a call!
>Mike: Same goes with you for registration. BTW, I reckon you'll be the man to beat this year!
>Juno: Are you OK with everything. Send a PM if you have any questions.
>Baustin: We always do training rides in the mountains, usually starting from mid-February. Our first one will probably be "Tomin-no-mori" in a couple of weeks.
>Aphex: If you're coming from Himeji, will you be going to Kusatsu directly, or will you be staying in Tokyo the night before (Friday)? – PM me if it's the latter. T

>日本人の方へ:
Sora, Nobu, Shinobu, SHIBAGON, Arai, Yasuhiro,
もう、皆さんが申し込んだでしょう?
去年と同じ様に、9:30に上野駅で集合することになり、一緒に電車で行こうよ。
自動車で行く人々(新井さんかな?)が適当に行ったら、長野原草津口駅でお会いしましょう?
一応、申込が完了したら、知らせるためにちゃんと"Confirmed" (確証された)っていうポーストを出して下さい。
楽しみにしています。トラ

I'm in !

as the lantern rouge !! Well someone has to do it :D

So please sign me up for the minshiku etc and I will get signed up for the event itself.

Charles

Back
Top Bottom