What's new

Official Ride Tour de Kusatsu 2008 (25th TCC Tour)

来年も参戦だ!

参戦された皆様、大変お疲れ様でした。
この2日間は本当に楽しかったですし、「殺生河原で下痢しちゃったのよ事件」の汚名返上も果たせました。正直、自信を取り戻すことができて安心しています。
しかーーーし、ここで満足しちゃーいません。
Yasuhiroさんが仰ったように、今回はベンチマークに過ぎません。前夜に宣言した通り、
来年は1時間10分以内の完走が目標です:mad:

というわけで、来年も参戦だーーーー!:bike::bike:

Well done!!

写真&レポート&記録みました!!
みんな、本当によくがんばったんだね。去年の記録より大幅更新!!すごい:)
そして・・・とっても楽しそう!やっぱり草津に出てからヒューストンに来るべき(must)だった・・・と真剣に後悔しました:eek:uch: 日本語の読めないAlanには内緒ね;)

PS:Shinobu-chan
Happy Birthday
ヒューストンに来たら、もう一回お祝いしてあげるね。もちろん手作りの特大サイズのケーキで:p

Naomi

Congrats from UK

I thought I'd just drop a quick line in to say "well done" to all TCC participants, those I have had the pleasure of riding with and those I have not, well done to you all.

Travis, as always, your report is great reading.
It's good to see that the spirit of TCC ("Cycling with Fun") continues - Beer before bed sound like pretty good prep to me - loads of carbs going in so can't be all bad!

Ciao for now

Greg

ps: Happy Birthday (belated) to Shinobu and Thomas. For the record mine was 15th April ((21x2)+5)) but who's counting

Congrats to everyone on the great results!

Many thanks as always to Travis for the fantastic report; the YellowGiant briefings are always the next best thing to actually being there. Sounds like it was a fantastic time. Definitely hope to make it next year!

And hail to the TCC king of the mountains! We are not worthy....:pray:

Many thanks and congratulations !!

Special thanks to Travis and Sora-san for the organisation !

Once again - Happy Birthday Shin-Nobu and Thomas:beer:

And, for all of the KT series, plus the excellent reports - big chapeau for Travis !!

Many congratulations to all who took part and I am sure everyone succeeded in their own personal way. Careful scrutiny of the results revealed that I had in fact won my event by being the first old fart gaijin in Cat D :D

However, on the flip side, some unkind observers had also pointed out that I was the only one taking part. :p You cannot fool all of the people ....etc

Further deflation occured when I realised that I had been beaten on time by a 72 year old and at least two older women. Oh the shame of it :eek:

The staggering thing is that the winner of Cat D, a mere strippling of 51, won in 41:40. A sobering thought actually:clap:

The strangest thing of all was the winner of Cat C - whose name is Dan Underwood. Now my name is not that unusual but what are the chances of two of the clan riding in the same event in another country. I will chase him down relentlessly to establish his true identity and we will become blood brothers for I surely need some of what he has got flowing around his body !

So, an hour and six minutes ! Not a bad start for my first event. I shall return and the sub-hour shall be delivered !!

Charles

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Congratulations, Kusatsu climbers!

I'm glad to hear everyone had so much fun and put up such good times. Travis, kudos on another masterpiece of recollection -- love your reports.

Great photos, too. Really wish I could have been there. I guess I was too busy blowing YellowGiant's Otoge record to smithereens. :cool:

Deej

Congatulations y'all

Wow! A big "Well Done" from me to all the Kusatsu climbers. Great performance by the TCC team :no1:. I wish I could have been there!

Travis, your report made for great reading :). All the "KT" rides paid off, eh?!

From AW the flatlander.

Tora-san and all the members who climbed Kusatu,

Thank you!!

-----------------This is the thanks e-mail from Kojimaya Ryokan----------------
先日は大勢でのご利用有り難うございました。
ツールドの大会は私たちも春の初めの行事で楽しみにしております。
18年の8月に母が87歳で亡くなったのですが、この大会を玄関先で手を振っていつも応援しておりました。
時には雪が降ったり寒い日が多く走り終わってから少しでも暖まって帰っていただこうと
毎年簡単なものをご用意しておりますが喜んでいただけてとてもうれしいです。
当館はご存じのように小さい旅館ですので毎年ご利用いただいてる方がおりますのであまり
大人数になりますとちょっと無理かとも思いますが、よろしかったらまた是非ご利用くださいませ。

追伸 昨日は雪が降って白根山は通行止めでした。お客様はふるえていましたよ。