What's new

Tour de France 2016 (Spoilers)

D'Pioneer

Far beyond the black horizon
Oct 9, 2015
Going to be as excellent as ever.

Route looks quality, and gets straight into it with a 188km flat stormer.

Looking forward to seeing the new riding techniques and styles that Sky bring to it again (which we will all be adopting immediately), and how much Froome is going to tear apart the rest of the GC guys. Wonder how Porte will do as well, now that he is going head to head with his old mate.

So, that's me nocturnal again for a month as of Saturday night.

Hopefully Porte will remember he doesn't ride for Sky anymore.
And last year I remember Valverde buzzing around Froome on the descents trying to put him off. Likely to see more of those shenanigans.

Haha. I had an idea for a comic strip, based on the Tour de France, where all the riders were always trying to find excuses to give their Directeur Sportifs so that they didn't have to ride. Notes from their mums, forgetting their kit, etc. Haha. The ones who managed to skive would hang around behind the team busses, smoking.

Tooting on asthma inhalers, furtively looking around for piss testers.

Sprints should be good, heaps of the buggers on form and heading to the party.

I have little to add to a discussion about pro cycle racing, but you can count on me for unexpected spoilers.

nneerbv.gif

14 mins 56km, the breakaway has this unless the asthma attacks kick in.

Who wants to work?

So, if you mount up the points/time for any classification then drop out you are out of the running but if your rider abandons the race you keep your fantasy points?

Obviously I'm against this bullshit:mad:

With how badly a few of the other GC guys are cracking, I feel like Adam Yates might hold on to GC hopes for a while yet. Or was that "going for stages" thing all a cunning plan?

Holy shit!! That has to suck for him. Apparently it was a spectator who caused it. Deliberate? Clearly an act of terror.

Back
Top Bottom