What's new

Tour de France 2014 (SPOILERS)

watching some of the live footage last night, I was blown away by how many people feel the need to video or photograph anything and everything. You wait all day for the peleton come past and at least half of the people spend the few seconds they have staring at it on their i phone screen as they take some useless video. Living in the moment is dead and buried.
At least one person has noticed the change in your signature line, Blob.

Good info Mike, great to know people are paying attention!

Hey, he's not here to defend himself. I also have never met the gentlemen.

Any bets on Froome and Sky winning the London stage? I think they will.

Don't think so - its a sprinters stage

I think they'll split the peloton pretty soon and try and drop the sprinters. I would love to see that, if for nothing else than sending a message to the parasitic sprinters that the times they are a changing.

They may have a chance if very windy as per a couple of years ago. Then if they get well organised they can split the field but I think they will be watching out for this. Looks like a Sagan stage

Let me guess. An early break including at least 1 rider from Cofidis and Bretagne will be allowed to get away, upon which the entire peloton will stop for a waz on the side of the road. Astana will lead for a bit, before they or Giant or some other sprinter team start riding tempo to keep the gap to the breakaway between 2.5 and 4 minutes. The race will then stay like this for 100 km during which itv will show that revolutionary space-saving hose advert 56 times, and Rodriquez at the back of the peloton 57 times, Then the breakaway will finally be brought back within 20-10 km of the end of the stage and Giant/Lotto/Cannondale/An Other Team will attempt to monopolize valuable advertising space/screen time to set up a sprint finish where Kittel will finish first and Greippel second. :sleep:

Last edited:
GrantT LOL, you just stated almost every stage on the tour...... The only difference was the big diesel engine Jens coming out to play ( what a F__king STAR :))

Enjoyed watching the ride into London yesterday. All through the parts of the SE I know well. Past my parents house in Chelmsford. Great to see so many people out on a Monday to line the route through Essex. So much focus on Yorkshire, but good to see Essex holding its own for once.

Froome now has a skinny red ass. That looks like it is going to hurt in the coming hours, days.

Now he's holding onto the car for a tow.l!!! How is that within the rules?

Last edited:
Well Greg Henderson(Lotto) is out, that's the Kiwis pretty much done for, Jack Bauer(Garmin) is still there and that's it. I might go back to sleeping normally once the WC is finished. Germany - Argentina final?

Technically not allowed:
18. Rider holding on to his team's vehicle: Rider: elimination and 200 Rider: elimination and 100
Team Manager: elimination and 200 Team Manager: elimination and 100
Team: exclusion of the vehicle for the duration Team: exclusion of the vehicle for the duration
of the race without the possibility of replacement of the race without the possibility of replacement
Rider holding on to some other motor vehicle: Rider: elimination and 200 Rider: elimination and 100
Other licence-holder responsible for the vehicle: Other licence-holder responsible for the vehicle:
elimination and 200 elimination and 100

However, like many of the disciplinarian 'rules' this is tolerated in the spirit of the event. Remember, the Commissars can pretty much bend the rules whatever way they like (and getting 'compensated') for ...

Froome now has a skinny red ass. That looks like it is going to hurt in the coming hours, days.

Now he's holding onto the car for a tow.l!!! How is that within the rules?

As long as there is blood it's allowed so after a crash the support crew frantically look for abrasions. I think it's a set period of time though.

@kiwisimon - that's not technically allowed. The rules are clear on this. If there is a medical, the rider must stop to get assistance, then resume under their own power. The overriding rule is very simple: Riders Must Complete The Entire Course Under Their Own Power. Period. That does not mean 'bottle relays' (ala Sagan), 'Mirror Hiki( (ala Ukiyo) , Antiseptic Spray Application Whilst holding hands, etc.... If you can find otherwise in the UCI rules, please let me know.

Some of this falls under 'Peleton Etiquette' which is very Bushido like. If the UCI strictly enforced these regulations against the general etiquette, then riders would likely protest the event. It's like giving the champion a 2nd chance and not striking a man when they're down sort of thing. However, once they move outside the etiquette boundaries, then UCI will start hammering them with fines and penalty.

Back
Top Bottom