What's new

Tour de France 2014 (SPOILERS)

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
That was crazy, day one on what any other country would call a slight incline and all of Yorkshire seemed to be lining the road. What's up with J Sports not using the English commentary on the sub channel? Hopefully Jens can hold on out there, I love breakaways even most of them are flags for "D word"

These commentators being given backhanders by the Black Sheep brewery? Bloody hell... One plug is alright, but four separate "They make excellent beer" comments was just uncomfortable to listen to.

Looked to me like he caused the crash so more gutted for the riders he brought down.
Time to retire?

Looked to me like he caused the crash so more gutted for the riders he brought down.
Time to retire?
Totally agree - plus trying to lead out 4 kms to go!!!!!! Where were they on the last climb - oh yes going backwards LOL for CHAV

Time to retire?
Nah, the Aussie hooked bars with a French guy then that took out Cav's wheel. Retire, probably, I think this week was meant to be his swan song.

no spoilers in a thread marked TDF. But if you really were looking forward to seeing the recorded race I'm sorry. Actually I'm just sorry, no ifs or buts.:gomen:

17 second mark...Cav is leaning in on Gerrans forcing him to bump the guy to his left....Cav tried to squeeze through a gap that wasn't there...

It is pretty hilarious how Cav's focus on head butting Gerrens out the way seems open the door for Kittel to take Sagan's wheel.

Any one else get the urge to buy new cycling gear just by watching really elite people riding unobtainium bikes?

My mom came to a race I was in once - in Idaho. Her hometown, too. I wanted to impress her and did so by promptly taking out about 20 riders in the last turn. Never, ever, race for your mother.

Very cool to be watching the TDF riding through the area I grew up in. They've just ridden about 400m from my old school.

Nice to see the GC riders up front - top three (maybe) all there. Which order in Paris ????
My order - Con, Froome, Nib

Last edited:
CVNDSH
https://twitter.com/dwuori/status/485454090105659392/photo/1
Bryt69tCcAAlNjM.jpg

watching some of the live footage last night, I was blown away by how many people feel the need to video or photograph anything and everything. You wait all day for the peleton come past and at least half of the people spend the few seconds they have staring at it on their i phone screen as they take some useless video. Living in the moment is dead and buried.

Back
Top Bottom