What's new

Top of the morning to ya

Caryakine

Cruising
Sep 17, 2013
Hi! My name is Tony, and I've recently moved to Tokyo. The first thing I did when I had my day-off? I went to order a bike.

I bumped into the TCC by googling for some rides out of town, and I hope to join you guys the soonest I can. Unfortunately, I work 9 to 5, so I'm only in for weekend rides.
I'm completely new to mountains, because there's nothing of the kind around my hometown. The greater my thrill is to discover some!

BTW, I'm professional interpreter, so should you need any help with Japanese, feel free to ask.

Welcome and don't worry about uncle Grumpy, he's nursing a broken arm and can't ride.

I'm completely new to mountains, because there's nothing of the kind around my hometown.

What did you buy and are you from Florida, Kiribati or Bangladesh?

kiwisimon, I went cheap and picked CAAD 8.
None of above, do I sound like that?

Здравствуйте, Антон! (*)
Unfortunately, I work 9 to 5, so I'm only in for weekend rides.

Some of us are lucky enough to be able to commute by bike. I do all my shopping and other errands by bike. I find I can get to most places in central Tokyo by bicycle within 10 minutes of the time I could get there by train from my house (sometimes quicker, sometimes slower).
I'm completely new to mountains, because there's nothing of the kind around my hometown. The greater my thrill is to discover some

I love the mountains. Not only do they make it more challenging to ride, it's also where you find the greatest views, plus you get away from the crowds.

Hope to meet you on a ride somewhere. Have a look at the Half-Fast Cycling and Unofficial Tours & Short Runs sections for ride announcements. The Half-Fast rides are an excellent starting point.

(*) Did I guess right?

Folks, it's not that I don't ride after work (not a day missed yet), or I'm not going shopping by bike (the nearest decent SM is 5km away).
I just can't afford hopping on a train to nowhere in the middle of the day.

But if there are any night rides, I will be glad to participate.

В точку.

I see, but I've just moved in and the biggest peace of portable electronics I own now is a ¥1000 Casio wrist watch.

I'm only in for weekend rides. I'm completely new to mountains, because there's nothing of the kind around my hometown. The greater my thrill is to discover some!
I'm a weekend warrior too.
I second the Half Fast suggestion from Joe. There's a good crossover of members in both clubs. I've been leading a couple of rides for them up local mountains recently, and although I'm cycling the mountains near Nagano this weekend, there will be another local mountain ride with them in the next few weeks. Their website is here and you can sign up to the e-mail list that goes out each week with their weekend rides. (I suspect with Mr Grumpy out of action on a bike, he may not post them on the TCC page as often as he has been)

Back
Top Bottom