What's new

Tomorrows weather

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Anyone commuting tomorrow? They are forecasting 25m/s winds:eek:

One of my peeves. WhoTF knows how fast 25 M/S is?
Whats wrong with 95 KM/H? At least I could relate it to my maximum cycling effort on a flat road.....into a head wind......with one gear......going slightly uphill............towing a trailer of sake!

From what I posted in the "today" thread:

Fingers crossed: the forecast says rain tomorrow (actually it says wild, italicized rain), but I don't see it on the radar yet.

I still don't see it.

The isobars don't seem at all right for big wind, and radar isn't showing any precip.

One of my peeves. WhoTF knows how fast 25 M/S is?
Whats wrong with 95 KM/H? At least I could relate it to my maximum cycling effort on a flat road.....into a head wind......with one gear......going slightly uphill............towing a trailer of sake!

Don't forget the 20L kegs of beer :D

what is it with all this wind recently? my flat has survived countless earthquakes and a couple of typhoons relatively unscathed, and yet on Saturday the wind ripped one of my insect screens off my kitchen window and tossed it across the street :confused:

In any case it doesn't take much crosswind to blow me dangerously off my line at the best of times so in the name of self-preservation I will be begrudgingly taking the trains tomorrow :(

I went out with my Cosmics on, for a quick jaunt on Saturday morning before the rain started. That was 'interesting'

WHOOSH!!!

I stand corrected:

201204031400-00.png

And very, very gusty!

Still waiting for it to hit here. I am currently holed up (oo-er) in an apartment in Shin Koshigaya, and it is basically still.

I do love a massive storm, and was really looking forward to this, so I will be sad if I don't get it right in the face.

Boss let me leave the office early and I just arrived home. It was wet and windy heading from Mita to Shimokitazawa. Watch out at intersections; the sudden crosswinds can be incredibly strong.

My son borrowed my rain gear for the ride to the university today. He spent most of the day with members of the university's bicycle club :)

He was glad he wore the rain gear because it was already pouring down during his ride back. It looks like typhoon weather out there.

Joe,

Glad your son got back safe.

What time did he make it back before the strong gusts I hope!

I went along the Edo river this morning and it was pretty breezy even then.

Back
Top Bottom