What's new

Ride tokyo2osaka (November,2nd - 13th)

Ha ha ha! Awesome! Post 6 words on a website you have never been on before next to your picture looking like a serial killer. Where does the ride end? In a dungeon in Osaka somewhere?

Are you friends with the Raven by any chance?

naw im not friends with the raven.. and i not sure where the ride is gonna end because its my first time being in japan

Are you going to be camping or staying in hotels? What's your plan for taking what roads? How far on average everyday? What's your cycle touring experience? and Welcome!

im using airbnb if you know what that is. most likely im following the japan national route 1. I didnt really thought about the how are everyday since i was planning going alone. @George5

Last edited:
David I think you should request help with planning your route first. I would be interested in hearing the forums collective advice. I only know route 1 exiting Tokyo in the opposite direction but my advice is only use in emergencies, if touring find another route.

We did it 5 years ago, with no real plan, nowhere booked to stay and only a paper map. If you follow the south coast it is pretty simple. However, highway 1 can be a bit grim, so try and get off it as much as poss.

Here's a video of our trip...

@davidthechinaman yeah, best avoiding any major transit routes, especially between cities. They are high speed truck polluted death traps.

hi mate _ are you going on your fixed gear _looks like a leader in the pic ?i may be keen to join _ google tokyo to osaka fixed on youtube there is a great video there

Back
Top Bottom