What's new

Tokyo weekday bunch rides

rrychter

Warming-Up
Apr 4, 2012
Hello,
I come frequently to Tokyo for work and want to see if there are any weekday bunch rides?

I usually stay near Shiodome/Shimbashi so unsure if there are rides that leave the city.

Please advise and include a map if there are good rides? Thanks

Hi, I am not in Tokyo this week. Possibly in May sometime.
Do you have a sample map of where you ride?

Hi, I am not in Tokyo this week. Possibly in May sometime.
Do you have a sample map of where you ride?

Do you have a road bike in Tokyo? What sort of distances at what sort of pace are you used to?

I will bring my road bike with me next Bus trip if it is worthwhile... The gym at the hotel sucks.

I normally do about 60kms on a weekday morning before work. Pace.. I guess 35km/h

@Joewei,
I am planning on coming to Tokyo on 14May for the week. Are there any rides you can recommend? I am staying near Ginza.
Cheers

From Ginza you are not far from the Arakawa river to the east. Take a look at the route of the HFC Arakawa ride. The route along the right bank (km 15-31) is a nice stretch that can be quite fast if it's not too busy. I really like it.

From Ueno to the river (km 8-15) follows mostly small streets. Depending on your preference, you may want to follow larger arteries instead. I like those quiet back streets, but others prefer a faster pace than possible there.

From the end of the riverside path you can either follow the HFC route for distance and seeing some parks or head back directly towards Tokyo station and Ginza.

Back
Top Bottom