What's new

Tokyo Itoigawa 300km

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Last Saturday I did something completely stupid and outside of my usual racing interests, the said race is the Tokyo Itoigawa Fast Run a 300km race from the Pacific to the Sea of Japan.

Joining me on this crazy ride was the Positivo Espresso boys, Tom from Vlaams and Yair and myself from HIGH5 Pro Lite.

Follow the links to get the different ride reports of an amazing days racing!

Itoigawa

Needless to say an impressive run! I saw the white capped peaks that came near to the coast near Itoigawa and was concerned I`d be having to climb them.:eek:

James, nice race report buddy;) and congratulations on your great place and just for making it that far! Without the mechanicals obviously your placing would've been much higher. I was amazed that you rode the whole way solo, no drafing at all? I'm sure your time would've also been better if you'd found a fast group to work with.

Mike,

Yep totally under my own steam apart from about 3-5km from lake Suwa to checkpoint 3 which was uphill :D So no drafting at all.

Basically left the start at 4:05am over took all the early starters who would take 12hr + to complete so ended just on my lonesome.

excellent result and without nature forced stops who knows,a top ten finish? thanks for the entertaining read.

Maybe....... need to see the official finishing times. Can't find them online though!

Very cool race reports. Seems like a hell of a challenge. I understand now why you said it was something you'll never do again. Seems like a one and done kind of event.

James, due to the low-profile and unofficial nature of this event (even though it is a "Classic") and for privacy reasons, the results won't go online - that has been the policy of the organizers. They have in the past - upon request - sent out spreadsheets with the times recorded at each checkpoint. This year though, I'm not very interested in seeing my own times :(

Maybe....... need to see the official finishing times. Can't find them online though!

I have a paper copy of the results. I can fax them or mail them on to anyone who is wants them. Tom and James, you'll only need the first page though!

Andy

Andy,

Many thanks.... I sent you a private message with the details.

Just for the heck

can you forward that first page to me too James after it reaches your hands ? Thanks :)

Andy,

Many thanks.... I sent you a private message with the details.

Tom,

Let me know your fax number....via email

Back
Top Bottom