Tokyo Itoigawa 300km

Nov 9, 2006
Yokohama
Itoigawa

Needless to say an impressive run! I saw the white capped peaks that came near to the coast near Itoigawa and was concerned I`d be having to climb them.:eek:

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
James, nice race report buddy;) and congratulations on your great place and just for making it that far! Without the mechanicals obviously your placing would've been much higher. I was amazed that you rode the whole way solo, no drafing at all? I'm sure your time would've also been better if you'd found a fast group to work with.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Mike,

Yep totally under my own steam apart from about 3-5km from lake Suwa to checkpoint 3 which was uphill :D So no drafting at all.

Basically left the start at 4:05am over took all the early starters who would take 12hr + to complete so ended just on my lonesome.

TOM

Maximum Pace
James, due to the low-profile and unofficial nature of this event (even though it is a "Classic") and for privacy reasons, the results won't go online - that has been the policy of the organizers. They have in the past - upon request - sent out spreadsheets with the times recorded at each checkpoint. This year though, I'm not very interested in seeing my own times :(

Maybe....... need to see the official finishing times. Can't find them online though!

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
I have a paper copy of the results. I can fax them or mail them on to anyone who is wants them. Tom and James, you'll only need the first page though!

Andy