What's new

Race Tokyo ~ Itoigawa 2015

Congratulations.

A racey read And what read like a a racey race. 8+hr of hammering? That's some unthinkable achievement right there.

How close was 2nd place? How far was 2nd place, I mean.

Andy--a very huge congrats!

I love this:

Again we are in the fog. Can barely see at all now. Heavy rain too. It's fast. 50 × 11 isn't big enough at times. We have to be really careful though.

Thanks jdd! Do you know that road? R18 from Shinanomachi down to Joetsu. It's crazy fast. But you really couldn't see a thing. Luckily I know the road well so I knew when the junctions were coming up.

A beautiful day today and Friday but freakish yesterday...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Outstanding performance Andy! Pushing so hard for so long is truly impressive, especially in the less than ideal weather conditions. A great reward for all of the disciplined training!

Great write up. So is this 300 kms with no traffic lights? That is some excellent route planning. Anyone got a link to the route?
Congrats Andy

I wouldn't mind doing the route sometime (obviously at a much more leisurely pace). @andywood , would you recommend the route? Is it nice and scenic ? I think you have just planted a seed in the crazy part of my brain ;)

@theBlob cheers! I always write those reports with you in mind as I know you like 'em!

@wexford, takes one to know one!

@George5 check that strava link

@JackTheCommuter, yes there are lights and lots of them. I didn't do any "shingo mushi" and got held up quite a bit at the big junctions through matsumoto and nagano city.

So the actual ride time is 8h 33

It's a big advantage to set out early as a lot of the smaller juntions are flashing orange (proceed with care)

@leicaman I don't know if I'd recommend the route or not, if you just wanted to do "coast to coast" then you could start out of Takao station and finish in Naoetsu which probably covers roughly the same distance.

I would try to skip the big cities or take minor roads through them

The nicest parts of the course are following the river from the north of Matsumoto to the south of Nagano, the short cut out of Nagano city up to Shinanomachi and the coastal road at the end

At a more leisurley pace you could skip Nagano city and go Togakushi ~ Myoko, which is abeautiful route

If you just want to do a nice big ride, Noto Hanto is beautiful, Sado Island is fantastic (tie it in with the earth celebration in August?) and the coast road from Niigata to Yamagata is really nice too.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Back
Top Bottom