What's new

Tokyo-Fuji

Alsd07

Warming-Up
Jul 21, 2016
Hi all,

Very new to Tokyo and I'm after a route to take me from inner tokyo (Shirokane Takanawa, near shibuya) to Fuji. I'll do a trip over two days so I'd like to stay overnight near fuji and then return the same way.

Sorry if this has been done to death, is it possible? Bike friendly?

Was planning to go in about a week, leave on a sat morning and then return sun or mon.

If anyone has any RWGPS files that'd be great. I've been out around Fuchu once and liked it! Will be heading out there regularly when it cools down a bit. The hills are pretty tame so far....

Al.

Here are a couple of routes you could string together.

To Takao Station via riverside paths starting from the Tamagawa (route)
From Takao Station to Lake Yamanaka via mainly Doshi Michi (route).

Once you get to Yamanaka Lake, it's only about 10 km to reach the Azami Line (the road up the eastern side of Fuji). Or circle round a bit for one of the other ways up. The Azami Line is the steepest route up Fuji at an average of 10%, so a decent challenge.

Great thanks!

Any ideas as to where to stay overnight there also?

I'm a bit fat to be able to go there and back in one go! ;)

If I wanted to find something I would look for a local Minshuku on Jalan.net or rakuten travel.

As for dumping stuff. There are lockers at many stations, though I don't know how long you can leave your stuff there for. Otherwise, the other method is to find a secluded area, dump a bag there, and hope it's still there when you get back.

Back
Top Bottom