What's new

Race Tokyo Enduro 2016, March 12th

Tuomas

Maximum Pace
Aug 12, 2014
A four hour enduro at lake Saiko, Saitama. Cost is around 7,000yen.
The location is very close to the space station, so very easy to access.

A 5km course.

Official Page: http://funride.jp/events/tokyoenduro2016guide/
Runnet/Entry: http://runnet.jp/entry/runtes/user/pc/competitionDetailAction.do?raceId=119515&div=1

I would love to give it a go. They seem to favor team entry, so if someone would like to go, please discuss.

Last edited:

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008

TorC

Maximum Pace
Sep 4, 2015
I would definitely be on for that, and am happy to ride in a team, although I am not sure what your view would be on riding with a girl... (Don't worry I won't be insulted if you don't want to!).

Cheers, Tor

TimeTraveler

Maximum Pace
Feb 6, 2012
@Tuomas - I did the race with @Doug3 in 2014. I was overly dressed and inexperienced in drafting. I got caught out by myself which caused me to work much harder than necessary. I sent a PM to both you and @Doug3 about an entry.

TT

Tuomas

Maximum Pace
Aug 12, 2014
@andywood - Thank You for sharing the report! I am sure I read it before, but was not able to connect the dots. (always appreciate the reports!) Whatever the team, would be a pleasure to meet there!

@TorC - On the contrary, I should be the one asking, whether its ok to ride in the same team.
We have not ridden together, but I have heard tales of the legs.

@TimeTraveler - Thanks! I figured it would be easier to gather a team of #n people and do the entry after that.

I am probably the most inexperienced rider here, but I will work hard to be of some assistance.

Cheers!
Tuomas

TimeTraveler

Maximum Pace
Feb 6, 2012
Hi TCC,

I am attempting to organize several two member teams to work together during the race to improve results and increase chances of a podium.

Thus far we have two teams prepared to register:
@Doug3 and @TimeTraveler
@TorC and @Tuomas

If you are interested in joining this, feel free to PM me or post here.

Cheers,
TT

Heath

Maximum Pace
Dec 13, 2014
I'll also enter this event, and I have a partner.

Look forward to riding/racing with you guys.

:tup

TimeTraveler

Maximum Pace
Feb 6, 2012
@Heath - Great! See you there!:tup

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
I want to move ahead with my entry and want to confirm who, if anyone, is still looking for a team.

@TimeTraveler has confirmed so we are a 2 person team.

@Tuomas and @TorC are you going to run a 2 person team also? If only one of you can commit, @TimeTraveler and I could also run a 3 person team.

Any other takers?

TorC

Maximum Pace
Sep 4, 2015
Hiya! I am definitely still on for this race. I prefer to do a 2hr slot, so that probably means a 2 person team. Last time I heard @Tuomas was still up for it.

Cheers, Tor

Tuomas

Maximum Pace
Aug 12, 2014
I am still up for it. I guess we should make the reservation some time soon.

Tuomas

Maximum Pace
Aug 12, 2014
That is a great idea and I truly appreciate the help! Thank you @Doug3

However, looking at the dates, they are both Wednesdays, making my participation impossible. (Also traffic?, did I miss something?)

Also, as soon as I get a reply from TorC I will complete the entry and all good to go!

TimeTraveler

Maximum Pace
Feb 6, 2012
@Tuomas, good point! What was I thinking:confused:. This is a perfect example of how things go wrong when you mix cognac with posting. I took down the announcement and will post again today, with correct dates and location.

TimeTraveler

Maximum Pace
Feb 6, 2012
Hi TCC,

I think I have gotten it right this time!

In preparation for the Tokyo Enduro, cycling coach @Doug3 has kindly agreed to lead a training ride on 2/7 and tentatively another on 2/21 to cover fine points of drafting and other racing skills. If you are interested in participating, see ride information that follows;

Meeting place: Minatogaokafuto Koen Mae at the corner of 316, near the koban (see image below)

Time: 10:00AM

Oi-futo1.png

If you plan to come out, just post here in this thread. @Tuomas I hope to see you there!

Cheers,
TT

Last edited:

Tuomas

Maximum Pace
Aug 12, 2014
Took a while, but I finished the entry for myself and @TorC

If it doesn't rain cats and dogs, I will come this Sunday!

TorC

Maximum Pace
Sep 4, 2015
I plan to join the Oi-Futo training session tomorrow so hopefully see you at the meeting point at 10am. Cheers Tor

Top Bottom