What's new

Official Ride Tokyo Enduro 2010

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi all,

As you have already guessed from the title, this is about TCC's annual official end-of-the-year race - Tokyo Enduro, team or solo endurance race - the more laps you do in 2 or 4 hours - the better.

This year's event will be called Tokyo Bay Enduro and will be held in Chiba, Sodegaura city, 4th of December. Here's the official page -

http://tokyobay-enduro.jp/index.shtml

It is still a long way to go until December 4th, but the event is quite popular and might fill up really quickly, so don't waste time, if you want to join - the applications are already accepted on runnet.jp! Choose your team, your team leader and let him/her apply.

Feel free to make your own team and apply independently or as a part of TCC crowd, in which case you'll get a cheer or two from other TCC'ers as you fly by the pit area :)

Nothing is known yet about another TCC end-of-the-year tradition - bonenkai, which usually follows the race, considering also that December 4th is not quite the end of the year. I'll let our elders post details about it, and update this post accordingly.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION --- NOVEMBER 5TH

TCC A
1. James (FarEast)
2. Mike

TCC B
1. Serguei (kpykc)

TCC C
1. Thomas

TCC D
...?

TCC E
...?

TCC FG
1. Tim (GSAstuto)

TCC GGG
1. Naomi
2. Shinobu

TCC Z
...?

We were so close to the podium last year, let it happen this time! TCC Girls, it's time to move to No.1 :)

Serguei,

Count me in! I will be happy to race for the fast rollers and hopefully take the mens win this year! :)

I don't see any restriction on geared requirements - just bars ... so, I'm game to join a TCC FG team if anyone is interested. Gunjira? Mikio? Ferrer?

I am definitely interested in this, but thinking about the right bike choice.

I would join team fixed, but my velodrome bike is a beauty with front brake only.
Tim, do you think that would be ok or stir up problems with the organizers?

In that case I would switch to the road bike and pledge support to one of the faster teams.

We are checking to make sure fixed bike is OK. Actually - you would fit on my new trackbike as its really around 57cm - and I will probably use my other bike. For domination of FG entry we need a good anchor! But choice is yours.... :) Oh - yes - and you'll need to wear a 'mankini' as part of our team.

We are checking to make sure fixed bike is OK. Actually - you would fit on my new trackbike as its really around 57cm - and I will probably use my other bike. For domination of FG entry we need a good anchor! But choice is yours.... :) Oh - yes - and you'll need to wear a 'mankini' as part of our team.

Ok, please let me know once you find out.
But instead of changing to an unknown horse, if my track "Porsche" is no good because of missing rear brake, I would rather go road.
Of course I have no problem wearing the mankini (on top of my winter gear)

Sergey - I'll join your team if that's OK. Should be back on form by then.

AW.

OK - I made 4 person 'team entry' "Bikeghetto" For fixed gear - Now I need the 3 other FF who will join - so please send me your:

1) Name in Japanese (Kanji / Kana) or (Hiragana / Katakana)
2) Mail Address
3) Birthdate
4) Emergency #

Then I can finish the registration.

WTF - they demand to apply for a parking space - why is that if we will all just ride there.

WTF - they demand to apply for a parking space - why is that if we will all just ride there.

No thats only if you intend to drive.... if not leave blank. So many people attend that they had to turn cars away. We got there very early and sat in traffic just for the parking for about 50 minutes nearly made Kaori late for entry.

Weird - cause when I left it blank, it said I needed to select it - but then, after I got the reg details it had charged me the 750yen and said no parking -- so must be some other fee that I misread... Anyway - we got 1 team signed up.

Alan, got you. So here's the updated list -

TCC A
1. James (FarEast)
2. Mike
3. ...
4. ...

TCC B
1. Serguei (kpykc)
2. Alan (AlanW)
3. ...
4. ...

TCC FG
1. Tim (GSAstuto)
2. ...
3. ...
4. ...

TCC GGG
1. Naomi
2. Shinobu
3. ...
4. ...

We've filled out the 1st FG ticket - I'm thinking about the idea of a 2nd one cause of the multi-team stratgey - wish I would have caught this before I registered a 4 person team! Anyway - currently:

Tim
James F
Mikio H
David H

With the FG team ready, I would like to get a call from one of the directeurs of TCC A or B. Any free space left - which team would take me on?

Serguei, I have updated first post.

I will sign up for Team C, the 40+ team for the well-matured and multi-geared gentlemen. :)

Whatever happened to the event in Tachikawa?

Edit: How did you guys sign up with Runnet? They require names in kanji...:mad:

Wow - I didnt notice they had a 40+ ... oh well. Doubt if I can find any more 40+ FG except for perhaps some of the ex-keirin crowd,, have to check around. BTW - Thomas, you can register by typing in hiragana for the 'kanji' name and then katakana for the 'furigana' name - wierd, but it works.

Also - how did you guys register separately then join a team? I had to collect everyone's info, THEN create a TEAM ENTRY, then add members to the team in one shot.

I haven't applied for a slot yet (don't think TCC A did it either), so we are open to all kinds of transfers and manipulations, I believe there will be enough teams to let all the willing join the race.

Deej, Clay and other speedy gentlemen, where are you? Team A needs you.

Phil, Edogawa-man, any other east-siders - isn't Chiba your turf?

Gunjira, got you for TCC B

TCC A
1. James (FarEast)
2. Mike
3. ...
4. ...

TCC B
1. Serguei (kpykc)
2. Alan (AlanW)
3. Gunjira
4. ...

TCC C
1. Thomas
2. ...

TCC FG
1. Tim (GSAstuto)
2. James F
3. Mikio H
4. David H

TCC GGG (2-women team?)
1. Naomi
2. Shinobu
3. ...
4. ...

I'd like to show my interest in joining this event.
I am not a strong rider though. I don't have lofty goals right now but I'll give the event 99.9% effort (I might need the 0.1% for the long slog home). If there is a designated slow team I think I'd fit perfectly there.

@Thomas:
I think using double-width Romaji will do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom