Tokyo Dome event 6/26

Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
Thanks to Chris and Marwin for coming out. It was good to meet you both.

A few guys from our club were there as well. The show was good but not great.
Some BMX action at the beginning, a few sprints on the track with the keirin including a tandem keirin bike. Some pursuit races, some women's sprints, a duo from Germany doing circus tricks on their bikes were amazing... Aoyama Teruma's mini live concert was nice, think I'll buy her CD after that...then they had a points race with about 20+ riders trying to outlap each other 14 X 400m. 3 guys broke away abour half way and one of them would've won that.... then they had a keirin finale with the Olympic hope winning that. Was a bit sucpicious though as he was the only rider with a disk wheel.

Would really like more opportunities to ride on a track.... let's all put our pocket money together and make one. :D

Almost forgot...
The race queens were princesses...:eek:

Phil

Maximum Pace
Would really like more opportunities to ride on a track....
Am I remembering right that there are a couple of "Try the Bank" kind of events each year? Not sure what they entail exactly, but they open up the keirin tracks for public races and the like. It would be tres cool to do a 4-man pursuit or similar event with fellow TCC-ers.

...Hey, maybe Travis and Nobuko could rent a keirin track on the 8th, too :D

Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
Am I remembering right that there are a couple of "Try the Bank" kind of events each year? Not sure what they entail exactly, but they open up the keirin tracks for public races and the like. It would be tres cool to do a 4-man pursuit or similar event with fellow TCC-ers.

...Hey, maybe Travis and Nobuko could rent a keirin track on the 8th, too :D
Omiya try the bank is good... Early August...good warm up for Travis' wedding race...