Tokyo Cycle Show

Hello Travis and all,

I’m just about to come over to Odawara 24 Oct. I’ve had enough reforming my house for a while…its getting too hot here on the Gold Coast anyway…

I’d love to ride with you guys in Iszu … Maybe next run… The climb out of Ugawara is great … nice and steady. And I was only looking yesterday at pics of the pizza at Hakoni. That’s miracle food for cyclist !!
Don’t forget to sneak along the lake side after lunch on that walking track… and then take the back run into Odawara ( remember those ‘road slugs’ half way down !!!)…

I’m flying into Osaka and will have a look around the Shiminami Bridge etc. Also thinking about riding back to Odawara…. That should be a 4 - 5 day run
The Cycle show is on the cards in Nov. I have some friends coming over to check it out and ride Iszu.

Maybe we can meet at the show. Do you have a plan… we plan on catching the train up from Odawara the day before and staying in Shinjiku or somewhere that night to give my friends a taste of what a real city’s like… And will try my luck at getting to the Cycle show by train from there… If anyone is in the area and is heading to the show some help with the trains would be welcome… I was thinking Friday to miss the crowds…but I’m flexible.

Any way one way or another I like to ride with you guys again... this time I have promised myself to master the train system and get to some more of your rides...

Later ... Gus

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
Hey Gus!

… If anyone is in the area and is heading to the show some help with the trains would be welcome… I was thinking Friday to miss the crowds…but I’m flexible.
Later ... Gus
How have you been?
Provided the Tokyo Cycle Show will be held at "Tokyo Big Site" again this year, you'll need to catch the train to "Kokusai-Tenjijo", near Ariake.
Take the train from Shinjuku, heading towards Shibuya, and get off at "OSAKI". Change trains there to the "Rinkai-line" - The train will be going to Shin-Kiba, but get off at Kokusai-Tenjijo, and ask someone for directions to Tokyo big-site from there. It's about a 10 minute walk.

...And I was only looking yesterday at pics of the pizza at Hakoni. That’s miracle food for cyclist !!
Don’t forget to sneak along the lake side after lunch on that walking track… and then take the back run into Odawara ( remember those ‘road slugs’ half way down !!!)…
We'll actually be going to that very same pizza shop this weekend - HT5.
As for the ride around the lake, Aaron (Pucci) knows it quite well, and it'll be my third time too. The run back to Odawara is also a definite (Last time, we took Rte.1 and regretted not going the other way).

Look forward to riding with you when you get back!
Travis

Skirts ?

Travis

Thanks for the directions. I went last year to the cycle show so if I can get of at the right stations I'll be OK with the 10 minute walk.
This time I'll bring some suitable ride gear so I can get in line and test some of those 'high end exotic puppies' that I missed out on last year.

I hope you get the 'skirts' like last year at the Pizza shop! That was a good look! - Only in Japan...

Gus