What's new

Tokyo bike lanes

As soon as they saw me move to the right-hand side of the driver, they told me I was in violation of the Road Traffic Law and that they would arrest me if I persisted in fighting. I had to tell the driver that I apologized and would wipe the spit off his window, which I did. I asked the officers if they intended to take any action against the driver for his dangerous driving and they told me I shouldn't have spat on his car. They were right.
IMHO the police should have scolded the driver as well, but let both of you off the hook. Ultimately, he also shared blame here (which in my experience is an important concept in Japanese law and society).

@Kangaeroo thanks for sharing your story. I myself have been guilty several times of letting the road rage get to me. Unlike you with this guy, I was generally lucky enough to run into apologetic people and things did not escalate, except just once when some yakuza wannabe actually tried to kill me with his car and I consider myself lucky to have been able to get away unscathed. More on that maybe some other time, crazy busy this week

Back
Top Bottom