What's new

Tokyo Bay Enduro - Saturday December 8th 2012

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
This is a nice team enduro (2hrs/4hrs/both) on a 2.4km auto racing circuit down in Chiba. I have participated in it for the past 2 years. (Last year with Eugen).

If there are any TCC'ers who though that they might like to try a road race, this is highly recommended.

Let's coordinate a bunch of entries (in advance of the closing date in early November)

Who is interested?

http://www.tokyoenduro.jp/bay/index.shtml

bump...

Does anyone have an interest in participating?

The registration closes at the end of this week, so we should finalize within the next couple of days.

From TCC, theDude and myself are committed, and theBlob is interested. Outside TCC there is interest from my friend Steve, and a father/son combo that theDude knows who will register on their own.

With the current interest, I would propose the following TCC teams:

TCC A - 4hr
Doug3
theBlob

TCC B - 4hr
theDude
Steve

There have to be some others out there. Let's all go race hard on Saturday, then talk about the glory at the Bonenkai!

I'm fine with whatever. How about we get together for some TT training then?

Is this a tag team thing or are we both riding the 4 hrs together?

Good luck with the race. I won't be riding, but will probably come down to watch and wave pompoms or something.

OK, 3 two-man teams are entered for the 4hr race.

TCC A
Doug 3
the Blob

TCC B
the Dude
Matt*

TCC C
Steve*
Darshaun*

*Honorary members.

There is still time to register and join the fun (pain). If you don't know how to register, I can do that for you. But need to know soon.

For the 4 hour enduro, it is a tag team event. The race is mass start with about 7-800 riders. Generally the best strategy is to only make one rider change, although you can change as frequently as you like. Any questions, let me know.

If anyone is free and interested in taking my place in this race please let me know. I am not sure it would be wise for me to run it.

If anyone is free and interested in taking my place in this race please let me know. I am not sure it would be wise for me to run it.

I guess you're feeling tired still?
Unless your partner has plans on winning the event, you should do it I think.
Enduro's for the most part are for the fun of it. Only about 5% of entrants will have any chance of being in the winning group at the end. Most of the people on the circuit will be just cruising along at their own pace... get in a small group that matches the speed you will feel comfortable with.
Your partner may not even mind riding 60% or 80% of the race if you pull out after a short stint...

Just do it!!!

You can go hard for a bit and if you're not feeling up to it....go slow or switch out....

:cool:

Hi, I might be interested, but it depends on registration / start time on race day, as I will be traveling from the other side of Tokyo... Do you know if your team is scheduled to start at 08:15 or 11:00?

Yair

Hi Yair,
I asked Doug to contact you regarding the details.

Thanks

theDude, Shintaro will be joining you on Saturday!

Great to have Shintaro along. Another man down on the C team due to illness. Still room for another rider if anyone is available....

Ended up doing Basil's ride up north, so won't be coming down. Good luck with the race.

I'm helping out Shintaro with some wheels. If anyone else wants to try / test something, let me know.

If only I had the time. I guess the next time ill move a bike at speed will be mid January. Good luck in Sodegaura everybody.

Back
Top Bottom