What's new

Race Tokyo 2020 Olympic Road Races (photos)

I like the paint on those Treks--from red on the bottom to blue up top.

Lucky you. Nice pictures. It was a good spot, wasn't it ?. Where was it actually ?
Had in my mind to go to the Mikuni Pass after the road was announced, but thought spectators, per the test event and due to the narrow road, would not be allowed and renounced. Then, I was "crying" in front of my TV when I saw many cycling fans made it there. In the same time, happy to see many spectators along the road, much more than I could expect.
Cycling, and the marathon, will be the only sports with spectators

@Elzico2012, I was on Onekan, not far up the road from Kamakura Kaido. Security guards on the test ride in 2019 had been overly controlling, so I expected much worse this time around. Even though there were many guards and volunteers, and there was the occasional request to move back from the road, it was really laid back and they let everyone rush when the riders came by.
My sole regret, I guess, was leaving home my sign that said "Allez Omi, Opi!"

I guess you did not want to make the news that way !
I hope you did not refrain spectating on the roadside.... for the Tasmanian Devil Fish.
Our Tasmanian needed a bit more devil. I saw photos of him on a recovery ride with Rohan Dennis this morning in Gotemba, and I hope Dennis will have better luck tomorrow. Dennis has been very, very quiet, which is an excellent sign!

My family name is Dennis--the last d in jdd.

Maybe we're related? ;)

A heart of bronze !
I thought he was gonna win it! He rode fantastically, though, and it took a couple of really dazzling performances to beat him. He is the first Aussie ever to win a track and road medal, so it was an outstanding achievement.

I thought he was gonna win it! He rode fantastically, though, and it took a couple of really dazzling performances to beat him. He is the first Aussie ever to win a track and road medal, so it was an outstanding achievement.
Having a medal is a great achievement with so many contenders and it was such a close call for the bronze medal . After a six month break , Tom Dumoulin was also impressive.
By the way, I believe Australia got a lot of medals on the track ( time trial ?)

Having a medal is a great achievement with so many contenders and it was such a close call for the bronze medal . After a six month break , Tom Dumoulin was also impressive.
By the way, I believe Australia got a lot of medals on the track ( time trial ?)
Aussies have won lots of track medals. I think it's fair to see we are a borderline track power, even. Not so on the road, though. I'm not sure about road medals in the past. But Dennis is the first Aussie to win a medal both on the road (this year's TT) and on the track (a silver in London).

Back
Top Bottom