What's new

Ride Tokigawa June 4 (Sun)

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Hi,

@TokyoLiving and myself plan a ride around Tokigawa this Sunday. Still in the preparatory phase, details will be announced closer to the day. The basic concept is the same old, meet at the spaceship in the morning, up the usual way to Tokigawa, perhaps 2 climbs or so, take a train from Ogawamachi back (or ride if you can/want).

If anyone's interested we can work out the detailed route, time etc. together. Let us know.

Hey @Lupo , it'd be great to have to you (though we're probably too slow for you!). We're gonna start working out the details in 2-3 days

How about we go up Takashino, down the goat-track, optional stop at Hana for gelato (pizza would take too long, right?), up Sadamine toward Ogawa machi, and depending on how we feel (heat, fatigue etc.) maybe throw in Nihongi pass as well before Ogawa machi? Personally, I'd just like to avoid going up Shiraishi this time, as it's become a bit repetitive...

Just compared my first 5 months of 2017 and 2016. About a 1,000km less in distance (20%) and some 30 hours less in the saddle. The only gains were made in weight (3-4kg), haha! So be forewarned those who venture with me, I'm nowhere near my 2016 form (which was not much by TCC standards to begin with).....

Complaining and excuses aside, quite looking forward to a weekend ride after a long long while. Also climbing! The weather looks promising, and I hope the usual wind pattern for the season holds, which would mean a moderate tailwind up the river (mighty bitch for anyone thinking of riding back though!)

I'll be there!
I'm expecting a killer instagram game from @TokyoLiving

no real restrictions for me: just home before dark. Will most likely be riding all the way back if time allows.

Last edited:
Everyone thinking of going need to let me know now if you have any time limits etc. I have people wanting to go early, people wanting a late start etc. Will try to meet everyone halfway. Too busy and probably won't have time to create a route before the ride, as most people know the area by heart by now.

I gots me my new (used) Dura Ace compact crank on my SV. Let's see if that makes a difference in climbing. Or it just does come down to the engine.

I gots me my new (used) Dura Ace compact crank on my SV. Let's see if that makes a difference in climbing. Or it just does come down to the engine.
If you often use your easiest gear then going to a compact might help you. I very rarely use my 28T when climbing so going from a semi compact to compact wasn't really any different for me. It is nice to have for the really steep stuff though , like Nenogongen.

If you often use your easiest gear then going to a compact might help you. I very rarely use my 28T when climbing so going from a semi compact to compact wasn't really any different for me. It is nice to have for the really steep stuff though , like Nenogongen.
I had a 52/36 and 11/28 in the back. I found myself always reaching for another gear. This ought to help given how much climbing I've been doing of late.

Alas this is another topic.

To bring it back, are you joining us this Sunday?

OK, there are around 10 people confirmed or interested, so I've made a general route of what I'd like to do. I couldn't be arsed with every turn, so don't use this as a navigation on the day, but just to get a general idea. I've left out Nihongi at the end, as I don't think I'll be genki enough for that in this heat/humidity, seeing that it would be 3rd decent climb of the day. Let me know if you're coming or have any questions etc

https://www.strava.com/routes/8976230

No, you see no one has posted anything on their time preferences etc yet. I would like it to be 8 or 8:30 am start, but there are people coming from down south who may appreciate perhaps even 9 am? For now, I'm trying to set a compromise time of 8:30. Please feel free to comment everyone. @Lupo are you coming? @armmewitharmony @Musashi13 ? Anyone else?

I'll be doing something on Sunday. Not starting that late though.

OK, the meeting time at the spaceship is 8:20, and start at 8:30 sharp. Can't please everyone, so this is the compromise time. Note that it will be slower than the usual TCC pace based on the group. Comment here or PM if you're coming

No, you see no one has posted anything on their time preferences etc yet. I would like it to be 8 or 8:30 am start, but there are people coming from down south who may appreciate perhaps even 9 am? For now, I'm trying to set a compromise time of 8:30. Please feel free to comment everyone. @Lupo are you coming? @armmewitharmony @Musashi13 ? Anyone else?

I plan to be there this Sunday weather permitting.

See you all tomorrow. I can check in this forum from my mobile too, for those who don't have my mobile or email. So if you're running (pedaling?) late, just decided in the morning you wanna join etc. PM me or comment here by 8:15 or so.

Back
Top Bottom