What's new

Official Ride Tohoku Training (11th TCC Tour)

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Hello everybody,
If you've all been keeping track of the site, you'll know by now that we are having a training run for the "Tour de Tohoku" around Miura-Hanto, on Saturday, February 17th.

Originally, I was only going to go on the Tohoku trip by myself, but as the interest from various TCC members wanting to join in the trip has increased, it looks like I won't be on my own on this one!

The training ride should at least be the same daily distance we will cover on the tour – about 120km, so instead of stopping at Kamakura, I think we should all ride back to Yokohama.
This will have 2 benefits:
1. We won't have to carry too much luggage – We can leave it in coin-lockers at Yokohama station!
2. It will shorten the train distance home after the ride.

COURSE:
Meet at Yokohama Station at 9:00.
Leave (hopefully) by 9:30, after introductions and all, and ride to Yokosuka – about 30km - nice and easy warm-up.
From Yokosuka to Misaki, it's about 40km, following the coast-line all the way around. But we won't stop between there, so fill up your water bottles, and drink your energy "gels" etc. at Yokosuka! Hopefully this will be as fast-paced as possible.
And we should arrive at Misaki by 1:00.
We'll have lunch there, and then set out again to Kamakura (30km).
Check out the big "Buddha" statue, and have a bit of break (leaving Kamakura by 4:30 at the latest), before riding back (slowly-ish) to Yokohama Station.
We should all be back to pick up our luggage and catch the train by 5:30.

The people coming so far:
YellowGiant (me)
Thomas
Sora
dpercyk
araim1 (Not sure?)
Edogawakikkoman (probably busy!)

I've also invited:
fluro2au (Reply pending)
Terry (Reply pending)

In the case that it turns out to be an all-male group (if araim1 doesn't/can't make it), I reckon the speed will be fairly quick, and we all might even make it back earlier than planned.
Hope to see everyone there! Travis

Hi Travis,

I will not be able to join you as I will take part in tokyo marathon next day (feb 18):( . Instead I was thinking about cycling on Monday 12.

Someone interested?

Instead I was thinking about cycling on Monday 12.

Someone interested?

Salut Terry,

TCC is organising an official tour on February 12, location Western Tokyo, onsen included. Please wait for the announcement tonight. :)

February 12th!

Thanks Terry for you reply.
Apparently, Thomas and Sora are in the process of scheduling a ride on the 12th.
I might, or might not be able to make it. But please, join in the group ride on that day!
Thomas, I hope you have a good ride that day.
I don't know if I'll be able to make it (I won't know until the night before), BUT if I think I can be there, I will do all I can to join you.
The "Training ride" on the 17th is a whole separate ride altogether, so first, let's make the 12th the priority!
The 12th is open to EVERYBODY!
Please come along if you can!
Travis

Travis,
I'd like to join your group ride on 17th Feb. I haven't ridden with any of you yet but it sounds like fun and if all goes well I might be able to make it on the big northern tour as well.
Cheers,
Alan.

Welcome!

Hey AlanW,
You're very welcome to join us!
The 17th will be just be a "preview" of the Tohoku ride!
Anyone who can go the distance is more than welcome to come along.
The actual "tour" won't be so fast, but the "training day" might be kind of a try out, so the pace may pick up a bit along the way... who knows?
Basically, we want to find an even working dynamic between all the riders, and keep everything together as much as possible.
But definitely, please meet us at Yokohama Station at 9:00 on the 17th!
Looking forward to it! Travis
P.S. Try to make it to the ride on the 12th too, if you can!

upgraded to official tour!

Hi,
That's great, I will meet you at Yokohama station on 17th. Which exit?

I'll be out of town next weekend, so cannot make the ride on the 12th.
Cheers,
Alan.

Just realized I have to work on the 17th. Two Saturdays a year. This year they fall on the 10th & 17th of this month. I even forgot to put my application in for the Points race on the 18th.

Therefore, my training for that weekend will be a ride to Shimoufusa on the Tone River near Narita to watch the points race. That will be about 60km each way...

Noda---> Toneunga (canal that connects Edo river to Tone River)---> Abiko ---> Shimoufusa. It's a nice long safe ride; less than 5% on any road, mostly cycling path.

Sounds Like Fun!

I`ll pretty much be working seven days a week through the end of April :(, so no training trip. I should be free in May and might be interested in the Tohoku ride as far as Aomori prefecture (I am planning on visiting friends). The route planned should not be as mountainous as the coastal route.

Yokohama Station, East exit, 9:00

As everybody is gearing up for their various rides this weekend, just a quick reminder about the following Saturday, 17th.
This is the official training ride for those wishing to come on the "Tour de Tohoku", but as there has been interest from other people who just want to "come along for the ride".... No problem! The riders so far: 6,

Travis
Thomas
Sora
dpercyk
AlanW
araim1

We should all meet at Yokohama Station, at the East exit, outside Lumine at 9:00. We'll do a quick map-check, and hopefully be rolling by 9:30.
I'll post this message on the "Tour de Tohoku" thread as well, so nobody misses it. Any others wanting to join at short notice, please reply to THIS thread!
Rubber down! T

Hi Travis,

I should be able to make it on the 17th of Feb. But will need to wait and see with a ski weekend that is currently being planned at my school, with one weekend being 17th. If that falls through I should be there for the ride.

Paul

17th

Seven people!
I've heard from fluro2au (Paul), and with any luck, he can make it too!

Thomas, I assume that we'll be riding down there together (6:30am from Kameido). If Paul can make it too, he wants to ride down to Yokohama as well, so that will make three of us riding down Route.15.
He also lives in Koto-ku (not sure where), but we need to find a good place to meet.

The other question is, do we ride back from Yokohama?
Or, do we catch the train back home?
ie. Should I leave my bike-bag at home?

If I ride from my place, and do the (Miura-Hanto) ride with everybody, then ride back home, I'll be looking at 220km for the day – You (Thomas) & Paul, about 200km!

I've never done a 200+ day before, but I would like to give it a try, so if we're all feeling good on the day….

For everyone else; Yokohama station at 9:00 please!

YellowGiant
Thomas
Sora
dpercyk
AlanW
araim1
fluro2au

Rubber Down! T

Thomas, I assume that we'll be riding down there together (6:30am from Kameido). If Paul can make it too, he wants to ride down to Yokohama as well, so that will make three of us riding down Route.15.
He also lives in Koto-ku (not sure where), but we need to find a good place to meet.

I'll be there. I think we should meet somewhere along Shin-ohashi dori.

The other question is, do we ride back from Yokohama? Or, do we catch the train back home? ie. Should I leave my bike-bag at home?

If I ride from my place, and do the (Miura-Hanto) ride with everybody, then ride back home, I'll be looking at 220km for the day – You (Thomas) & Paul, about 200km!

You know my answer, Travis. The rinko-bukuro's just weight. :)

As everybody is gearing up for their various rides this weekend, just a quick reminder about the following Saturday, 17th.
This is the official training ride for those wishing to come on the "Tour de Tohoku", but as there has been interest from other people who just want to "come along for the ride".... No problem! The riders so far: 6,

Travis
Thomas
Sora
dpercyk
AlanW
araim1

We should all meet at Yokohama Station, at the East exit, outside Lumine at 9:00. We'll do a quick map-check, and hopefully be rolling by 9:30.
I'll post this message on the "Tour de Tohoku" thread as well, so nobody misses it. Any others wanting to join at short notice, please reply to THIS thread!
Rubber down! T

Looking forward to this ride :)
I'll be at Yokohama station - should be easy to spot. I'll have a black & silver Cannondale.

Hi

Hi:
I am new in town and don't know much about Yokohama. I will arrive around 8.30 and will be around. So can someone email me or something?

I would like to join"17th tour"

Hi my name is shinobu.
I would like to join your group ride on 17th Feb.
Is this tour for male?(too fast?)
Could i join?
参加してもいいですか?

17th!

Hello Shinobu,
of course you can join us! 是非参加してください。
もう一人の女性が来るから、君だけじゃないよ!There will be 2 ladies joining us.

dpercyk: There are only 2 main entrances/exits to Yokohama station - East & West. So, just ask someone for directions to the EAST side!

fluro2au: can't make it! His "ski-trip" is on, so we can catch up next time.

AlanW: Looking forward to meeting/riding with you!

Thomas: Are we still on to meet in Kameido at 6:30? I won't be taking my bike-bag, so I'll be looking forward to a long day in the saddle with you on my wheel (or vice-versa).

To everyone else coming along, I'm really looking forward to this ride, and I think we'll all have a great time!
See you at Yokohama station at 9:00!
T

Hello Shinobu,
of course you can join us! 是非参加してください。
もう一人の女性が来るから、君だけじゃないよ!There will be 2 ladies joining us.

dpercyk: There are only 2 main entrances/exits to Yokohama station - East & West. So, just ask someone for directions to the EAST side!

fluro2au: can't make it! His "ski-trip" is on, so we can catch up next time.

AlanW: Looking forward to meeting/riding with you!

Thomas: Are we still on to meet in Kameido at 6:30? I won't be taking my bike-bag, so I'll be looking forward to a long day in the saddle with you on my wheel (or vice-versa).

To everyone else coming along, I'm really looking forward to this ride, and I think we'll all have a great time!
See you at Yokohama station at 9:00!
T
ではこのツアーも、もう 9 にんまでカクテー!!

Yes, I confirm 0630 in Kameido. No bike-bag.

Back
Top Bottom