What's new

Tech Togs for more positions on MTB handlebars

Chuck

Maximum Pace
Feb 7, 2011
Heard about this Thumb Over Grip handlebar thingy while listening to a podcast by some MTB riders. They were talking them up pretty heavily (despite not being sponsored by the company). They attach to a flat bar and allow an extra position for your hands so (supposedly) reduce fatigue on long rides. I just ordered a couple and thought I'd give them a try. Anyone have any experience with them?

https://togs.com

Hit up Koh at altbikes in tokyo. He imports than and loves them. He has also done some blogs on them.

Can't you just rest your hand higher on the bars or rest your wrists on the grips? Looks like a solution looking for a problem. But I run Scott AT-4 bars on my bike.

Bloaker... Thanks for the info. I've already ordered 2 of them from the States, but if I need more, nice to know where I can get them.

Kiwisimon.. The idea is that you have another place to grab (like a bar end but only on the inside of the grip), so it allows you to stay on top of the bars. They aren't all that expensive so if they just get in the way vs helping on long rides/climbing, then well, heck, I've blown more money on worse ideas.

@leicaman and I rode with @LysanderK back in April and I think that's what he had on his MTB set up.

Whatever they were he had the positions to hang for over an Imperial century with long flat river sections and steep climbs with two road bikes pushing fair speeds.

A long day on the bike, no matter what it may be, demands the ability to move into different poses.

Back
Top Bottom