What's new

Today Today's Weather for February

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Might be kind of cool to keep track of the Today's Weather so...
Yamaguchi- nice and sunny, going to be 14c. No wind yet. Great day for cycling.

Aomori a cloudy 4degrees just above freezing with wind chill. roads icy but tomorrow looking good. I'll be riding inside.

Cold and windy today. No cycling planned.
Evening weather was great for a walk/slow jog.

Last edited:
We seem to have 4 days of snow from tomorrow, followed by 3 days of sunshine from Friday.

Great news for skiers & boarders.

For me too, riding the trainer in the week and snowshoes / cyclocross at the weekend is perfect.

Embrace the weather!

Andy

Sun is out, temperature is maybe 14c. Going to be a windy day today. Probably take the bike to go buy a loto 6 ticket and then the trip to McDonalds .

-10 C (body feel -16 C), windy, light snow.
Took out my wide tires for today's commute and made it to school with no issues. (Actually it was good fun.) My students (commuting by bus) haven't shown up yet.

EDIT I: One student made it. I guess we'll cut lessons short today.

EDIT II: In the afternoon temperatures dropped a little more. Snowing is getting harder. On my way home I couldn't feel my fingertips after about 15min into the ride (about half way). By the time I got home my face was frozen even though it was covered with a Buff. Besides that it was a fun snow ride.

Last edited:
Sun is out. Going to be around 11c today. Currently no wind, but might pick up later in the morning.

Nice weather this morning. 34 f. No wind. Go cycling later in the day. May take some new pictures. McD's for coffee. Donkey Hotei for a rice ball. Only 50 yen here.

Well, yesterday was biking weather in Yamaguchi. Not sure how many kilometers I put on the bike, but I got to learn today to reset the gadget.
Today, Friday is a bit cold , but no wind. Looks like it may rain, may have snow flurries in the mountains though. Not much planned other then a trip to McDonald's for coffee this morning.

Yep nice weather today

IMG_20210212_121203.jpg

Last edited:
February 16, Tuesday
Raining and strong winds. Did get out earlier for a ride to McDonald's again. In America, in my hometown, retired people would gather at 6 am for coffee. It was a time to tell all the war stories about working at the factories. ( John Deere, International harvester ) and others. These days I find myself going also to McD's for coffee, although I go next door to Donkey Hotei to buy a donut. They should have donuts at McD's , but they have the apple pies. They got so small these days, two bites and zapped.

Snowed yesterday and today. Did put the 18 liter kerosene container on my bike today to by some fuel.
Snow melted now, out at mcds for coffee. Windy though.

It's crazy. Until a couple of days ago we still had negative double digits at night and the whole city was covered under a blanket of snow. Today we've got almost positive double digits and all snow's gone.
While I really enjoyed the winter landscape incl. skating on frozen lakes I'm ready for Spring now.

It's crazy. Until a couple of days ago we still had negative double digits at night and the whole city was covered under a blanket of snow. Today we've got almost positive double digits and all snow's gone.
While I really enjoyed the winter landscape incl. skating on frozen lakes I'm ready for Spring now.
The weather is beginning to look very political these days. We don't know what to expect from one day to another. LOL But yes, can't wait till we get them warm ocean winds coming in from Okinawa. For the last 2 years though, them soft and warm winds have been very slow to move in. Also the migration of ducks this year was a bit early. They usually come in just in time for the grassy sea weed in the river, but the weather and even the ducks are confused this year. What the heck is going on?

If it makes ya'll feel better I was halfway from Tokyo to LA when the big storm hit Austin so I got stranded in LA for 5 days - finally get home yesterday and basically everything is closed. Gas stations are out of milk and water. Those that do have water service are under a boil notice since water treatment shut down due to power outages lol. Feeling lucky I have power and internet as I have friends without who are huddled freezing in their living rooms. Crazy times!

Feb. 20, sun is out, fine weather, little wind, temp is 59 f great weather today
went to the ocean, fed the seagulls and the sea hawks, must have been about 100 seagulls and 4 sea hawks, gave them some ebi flavored snacks, also the crows started to butt in

Feb. 21 Sunday
Sun is out. No wind. 53 f in Yamaguchi. Going cycling later in the day. Might try out this roadside cafe for coffee. Hope its not too expensive. Was just recently built out in the countryside, why, not sure. Not much population and truckers need a larger parking lot.

Well it's beautiful weather today.

Here's a picture of the little river that goes into the ocean we actually up for the river we actually get our drinking water.

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_142514.jpg
    IMG_20210221_142514.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom