What's new

Today

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Not really post worthy, but I had a really good ride today.

Only 60km, burning around the local area with my friend, but the bike felt great, I felt fast, the cars gave me loads of space, the people in the bike shop were really cool, and to top it off, I beat my best top speed.

Cheers!!:D:D

Owen, don't worry mate coz I know exactly how you feel. Some days out there are just amazing, everything goes right, the bike feels as if it's part of you and there isn't a feeling that compares. Glad you're enjoying the bike:D

Yeah it was ace!

I decided to wear my bib tights, instead of shorts, and really glad I did. Was oddly cold today at some points.

I went down to 荒川総合運動公園 today. Really nice open area with loads of kids playing baseball, and a nice fairly fast cycle path going round a golf course. Smacked it around that for a bit, then went up and played in the traffic in Omiya.

:D

Loving it!

Nice.

Nothing quite like opening the leg-throttle on a high end beast is it!

This "Today" thread is a good idea!

Today: up at 0430 for a 0500 hit the road time. Commute 35KM to work and a 35KMs commute back home.

Today, up at 6am 35 km power training at 85%.

267w average with 2 sprints at 1100watts.

Today;

10km to work, just cruising, so I was not a sweaty bugger when I arrived

Took the long way back, about 14km. Sprinting at about 80%. Got to 49kmph on the flat along a nice smooth road through some rice fields. :warau:

Today - dreaming of my next ride between (and sometimes during) meetings and calls...

Took a detour on the way to work, and attacked Otarumi from both sides (Takao and Sagamiko), after a short trip to LakeTskui; total of 45km commuting ride, when it should be ~5Km...:D

Yair

Yair..... NICE!:D

Do you guys have access to showers and stuff where you work?

There is no way I could do distance like that on the way to work without needing a serious wash at the end.

Do you guys have access to showers and stuff where you work?

There is no way I could do distance like that on the way to work without needing a serious wash at the end.

towels and a change of clothes at work (in a locker).... spray a bit of cologne in emergencies... no shower...

today for me

4 climbs up a gorgeous pass just 20 minutes from my front door

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

living in the countryside has it's advantages!

at work there are no showers - towel, clothes, lunch, work stuff are all stuffed in a back pack - the extra weight makes great training!

Andy

hahahah... Andy.... don't give the secrets away, I carry the same plus my old Acer laptop so another 3kg on that! :D

James, you obviously don't know how big my lunch is! There's a tupperware party going on in my back pack!

Andy

Oof, you sexy sweaty buggers!

I am lucky, in that there is actually somewhere to shower at my work, but I have yet to figure out the protocol (you know how things are over here; I can't just assume it is OK to use, even if someone says so.)

Will get on that tomorrow, and then start hammering the KMs as soon as I get the green light from the bossman.

Today,
Going down Arakawa cycling road with plenty of headwind at a leisurely pace.
Still fixed, because my new Mavik Ksyrium Elite wheels I got of ebay Germany still have not arrived. (My old rear wheel is still bent from the time I hit Mikuni with the TCC veterans)
I want to finally ride my road-bike again and hit the hills again!

James, you obviously don't know how big my lunch is! There's a tupperware party going on in my back pack!

Andy

The speed you ride at mate I'm guess you have a trailer that you tow full of food!

James, for Tokyo~Itoigawa, 3 pockets just isn't enough is it!? I did a count and I reckon I ate 14 bananas that day! Haven't touched one since!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom