What's new

Today

I had a memorable day... started off by cleaning the inside of my car... the last time I did that (completely was about a year ago :eek: )

Then I went to the driving range and hit just over 200 balls. I have to play a few games of golf this year.. :eek:

In the afternoon I was feeling a little hungry and around 4:30p.m decided to head to Aprico. Aprico is a newly opened Italian style cycling cafe near Ichinoe station in Edogawa-ku. The guy who owns it sometimes trains with me. He's a JCRC A grader about to step up to S...

When I arrived, there were 2 other guys I train with and by the end of the night about 10. Was nice to chat, eat nice food, sample the wine and beers... and then illegally ride home (along the Edo river). 78km round trip.

I'd like to have a day like this more often...

Will blog in detail about Aprico and how to get there on my own blog.
If anybody else wants to go there let me know... I'm keen to go everyday.

Today is almost -- will be out at the Arakawa at 7.00am for 90min of 'hiki' if anyone wants to join. Why do we do this? Its insane!

Yesterday - ride from Osaka to Tokyo with Trad. What a surprise to bump into him as we were getting onto the shinkansen, and an even bigger surprise to discover common professional acquaintances!

Today - real ride, on cyclocross, over completely deserted rindos around Okutama. 176km in all, including quite some climbing, most of it on gravel. Weather was great - and I escaped the afternoon thunderstorms in the mountains on my way home. Ferocious side and head winds on the way back home, at quite hot!

The funny thing is though Ludwig is that I actually thought you were cycling it due to the mamoth rides you've been putting in lately.

Back
Top Bottom