What's new

Today Today - September 2016

My Fargo has had me praying for snow in the past. 29x2.2 tires and drop bars...
BUY THE BIKE!!!!!
Didn't realise it was for sale (was there a post I missed?). I am tempted, ....but I am also tempted by the Open Gravel+ frameset (just wish it was a bit cheaper!). I also have a Carbon CX frame (Boardman 9.8) sitting around begging to have something done to it ...which is probably the way I will go. It can't take 2.1" tires but looks like it will take 40mm on a 700c and maybe a bit more on a 650b wheel.

It is for sale, but I didn't mean "buy mine" - I meant buy a gravel bike. :)
My Fargo is a 21" - so that in itself limits my perspective buyers quickly.

The intense and I survived a wet Fujiten.
The first run was not confidence inspiring due to rolling at low speeds... but as the day progressed, so did speeds and conditions.
I had one small get off that was notable... I decided at the moment I was going to catch the group I was with.
I charged everything on a mission... I not only caught up, but passed 2 of the other riders and finished the run right on the wheel of the lead bike.
The one run - the bike performed better than expected.

In the end... it was a kick ass day on the mountain and I am positive I bought the right bike.

Last edited:
The intense and I survived a wet Fujiten.
The first run was not confidence inspiring due to rolling at low speeds... but as the day progressed, so did speeds and conditions.
I had one small get off that was notable... I decided at the moment I was going to catch the group I was will.
I charged everything on a mission... I not only caught up, but passed 2 of the other riders and finished the run right on the wheel of the lead bike.
The one run - the bike performed better than expected.

In the end... it was a kick ass day on the mountain and I am positive I bought the right bike.
When I used to do downhill mountain biking , I would always find that I would be rather uptight and ride badly until I had had my first crash. The crash would always loosen me up and I would ride much better afterwards.

Just back from Sekiyado.
Cycling bliss.
Hardly anyone on the paths and the wind and rain not too bad.

Saw a new sign in Tokigawa today.

No arm cyclists should beware of falling over the front of their bikes on this descent apparently.

image.jpeg

No arm cyclists should beware of falling over the front of their bikes on this descent apparently.
It's obvious that only those over 20 years of age are encouraged to balance on the front wheel while descending here...

My brother has taken delivery of my UK based bike. Now to start Wiggling for all the bits and pieces....

9.4.jpeg

Ever since Sunday's ride of 205km on which I got my food and water intake all wrong, my legs have been feeling lethargic. A marked difference from two weeks ago when I got it totally right and thus seemed to recover much quicker despite the higher average speed and more climbing.

Anyway this morning got out on the river expecting a low pace affair, and it started that way, until @Mlac Peek and I picked up a tailgater, the kind of guy who clips your back wheel to let you know he's there (seriously!) So, obviously, the hammer got dropped and the pace line commenced with afor mentioned tailgater maintaining a steady 3-4m distance behind. This clearly irritated mpeek who continued to lift the hammer higher and higher. I took a few turns of the rotation until we hit the final straight, the final sprint point looming. Of course, I did the gentlemanly thing and let mpeek take the front, sitting on about 45km/hr down the back straight. I could see the finish line, and thought I might be in with a shot of the title. 50m to go out of the saddle... pull level next to peek... the hammer has fully fallen theres no going back now, he's staying in the saddle, I might have this one.... One last push, all I got, shove the bike forward and get over the line first by half a wheel...
Peek looks disappointed, a kind of, the student has beaten the master kind of look. The tailgater is still about 5 m back. I give him a wave cause that's what winners do. And well, hey, he was still there so hats off to him!

Anyway I quickly left after that, with a "my work here is done" wave before peek could resume his usual flogging of my cycling soul.

Great stuff come on down and join the fun anytime peeps!

Last edited:
Ever since Sunday's ride of 205km on which I got my food and water intake all wrong, my legs have been feeling lethargic. A marked difference from two weeks ago when I got it totally right and thus seemed to recover much quicker despite the higher average speed and more climbing.

Anyway this morning got out on the river expecting a low pace affair, and it started that way, until @Mlac Peek and I picked up a tailgater, the kind of guy who clips your back wheel to let you know he's there (seriously!) So, obviously, the hammer got dropped and the pace line commenced with afor mentioned tailgater maintaining a steady 3-4m distance behind. This clearly irritated mpeek who continued to lift the hammer higher and higher. I took a few turns of the rotation until we hit the final straight, the final sprint point looming. Of course, I did the gentlemanly thing and let mpeek take the front, sitting on about 45km/hr down the back straight. I could see the finish line, and thought I might be in with a shot of the title. 50m to go out of the saddle... pull level next to peek... the hammer has fully fallen theres no going back now, he's staying in the saddle, I might have this one.... One last push, all I got, shove the bike forward and get over the line first by half a wheel...
Peek looks disappointed, a kind of, the student has beaten the master kind of look. The tailgater is still about 5 m back. I give him a wave cause that's what winners do. And well, hey, he was still there so hats off to him!

Anyway I quickly left after that, with a "my work here is done" wave before peek could resume his usual flogging of my cycling soul.

Great stuff come on down and join the fun anytime peeps!

Ha ha ha! You guys.

Back
Top Bottom