What's new

Today Today - September 2016

Baby arrived home Tuesday. Wanted to train on Thursday but when I woke up I realised that all my shorts were in the room where my mother in law was sleeping while the rest of my gear was in a closet behind the baby's cot. Drat. Went back to sleep. As soon as grandma woke up I grabbed my gear and prep'd them for a Friday morning stint instead. Happy to report that this morning went off without a glitch and was able to get 30 minutes on the trainer at least. Yeah! Hopefully, I can continue to dig away at this.

Checked out of the hospital today. Paid two bills this week--one for Aug 10-31, the other today for Sept 1-16.

Total for the two on my end is ¥592,000, but that's inclusive of hip replacement surgery and all drugs/followup/rehab (and private room throughout), but I do have a separate PJ/towel bill on the kitchen table that I haven't opened yet.

I'll probably get about 20万 back in the next month or two via some extra insurance I have.

The good news part is I now have great range of motion and the last year's worth of various pains seem to be gone.

The docs keep saying to keep as much weight off it as possible, as long as possible (to allow some bone grafting they did on my pelvis the best chance to heal right). I can live with that, maybe come spring I'll be back on a bike again.

Hopefully that is the case! Glad to hear you are making improvements!

Checked out of the hospital today. Paid two bills this week--one for Aug 10-31, the other today for Sept 1-16.

Total for the two on my end is ¥592,000, but that's inclusive of hip replacement surgery and all drugs/followup/rehab (and private room throughout), but I do have a separate PJ/towel bill on the kitchen table that I haven't opened yet.

I'll probably get about 20万 back in the next month or two via some extra insurance I have.

The good news part is I now have great range of motion and the last year's worth of various pains seem to be gone.

The docs keep saying to keep as much weight off it as possible, as long as possible (to allow some bone grafting they did on my pelvis the best chance to heal right). I can live with that, maybe come spring I'll be back on a bike again.

I'm over this shit weather. Time for some nice Autumn days please.

LA had basically the best cycling weather I've experienced and then I come back to this.

Totally shit summer of shit weather. Shit.

Back
Top Bottom