What's new

Today Today - September 2014

1409km for me and a "not worth getting out of bed for" 17km of running (mainly due to the fact that I managed to pull a muscle in my calf three weeks ago and it still isn't right).
I did almost the same distance as July but with almost 7000m less climbing :( . That will have to change.

About 600km for me. Lots of new climbs, too.
Been trying to dedicate Saturday mornings to riding, which has worked well. Also using mapmyride more to explore new areas and add some 'freshness' to my routes.

Only 500km for me thanks to flu (in August FFS!) and a niggling injury. Ramped up the running to compensate, but will probably stop all that lunacy once I'm back on the bike.

Just over 1000km for me after a scrappy month, taking lots of days off due to illness/ tiredness and weather. Only one day running, but in reality that is probably good. The running was what pushed me over into the overtraining zone. And no matter how slow I go anything over 5km seems to result in some kind of micro injury that is sore for a few days, either hips or knees. I should just stick to cycling but I have actually come to enjoy the simplicity of running. Just out the door and go, any weather, any time of day. So I will try to keep it in my repertoire of weekly activities.

A touch over 1000km for me, too.

The weather, spokes, work, and family holiday all conspired to make August not quite the month it was meant to be.

At least I got a brevet done:cool:

We are brevet masters my friend!

A touch over 1000km for me, too.

The weather, spokes, work, and family holiday all conspired to make August not quite the month it was meant to be.

At least I got a brevet done:cool:

Good start to the new month - 88kms this morning - schools start tomorrow so all the tourists have gone - stopped for coffee in a little tourist village and was the only patron and so quiet. :tup

Was in the office working away today on a deadline. Next thing I knew I was walking towards the station. Mild panic. Where am I going at 4:30? Lost consciousness again. Woke up on the train heading home. Hand felt weird. I was carrying a bag with Rapha on it. Feck. What have I done! Just arm warmers luckily enough but they are rather nice. Hopefully no more voodoo.

Was in the office working away today on a deadline. Next thing I knew I was walking towards the station. Mild panic. Where am I going at 4:30? Lost consciousness again. Woke up on the train heading home. Hand felt weird. I was carrying a bag with Rapha on it. Feck. What have I done! Just arm warmers luckily enough but they are rather nice. Hopefully no more voodoo.

That's the first stage and it passes fairly quickly. Stage five is full on Goon. We wait with open arms:glasses:

I went out at 5am this morn in my Classic, just to give it some air, nice choice:tup Cool and breezy out on the Edo river. I didn't have time for much and all the other folk who realised it was a lovely morning with their jogging shoes made for a slow 20km but it is the start of Autumn and clement cycling conditions.

As it rained buckets yesterday when I passed a Y's I popped in and bought an Ass Saver for the morning ride just to see what all the fuss is about. Good buy! 5uck a fender!

Cleaned the bike the @saibot way this afternoon ready for another 5am assault the morrow.

93.2kms this morning up over the hills North. Autumn is coming as needed long sleeve jersey to start.
Worked out that in August I did 1442kms on road bike and climbed 17,070m @ average 29.2kph. Don't even use heart rate monitor anymore, just rely on the 2 L's telling me when to push and when to recover.

20min LT run this morning netted 335W and an average speed for the course of 37.00km/hr. Right on my pb for the training course. Feeling good!

Better news was last night when my wife said to me "When are you going to buy new cycling shoes?" Well, I guess I better go out shopping then hadn't I. Don't want to upset the wife. It seems my now shoes (2 and a half years old) are getting on the whiffy side of things. Personally I hadn't noticed but I am not about to start arguing the point Ha ha ha!

Threw out a bone last night to @ninjagoat to see if he might get out of slumber early and hit the palace with me. Turns out that goats like bones and we ended up doing 5 laps. These goats and hills I tell you... He pushed me to a PR this morning on the palace hill. Been a while since I did that.

Wonderful morning out. Perfect riding weather. Get out there everyone!

That's the first stage and it passes fairly quickly. Stage five is full on Goon. We wait with open arms:glasses:

I'll let the arm warmers grow on me for a bit. Btw. They had just taken delivery of a whole load of new stuff yesterday and had it all on display. As usual though I didn't see anything that took my fancy. I have however developed a terrible thirst that possibly may only be quenched by their in-store bean. I'm gonna have to try it.

Cleaned the bike the @saibot way this afternoon ready for another 5am assault the morrow.

How'd the assault go? Perfecto weather or what.

Even getting up at five leaves me with only a short time some days so it ended up being more of a quick fire and forget sortie than a full on assault but it was fine for what it was. Yep, the weather is spot on right now at that time of the morning.

Btw. They had just taken delivery of a whole load of new stuff yesterday and had it all on display. As usual though I didn't see anything that took my fancy.

Autumn/winter stuff?

They told me it might be arriving this month. The cross kit was up on Monday, and all over the stairs.

I enjoy my mornings but I wish I had more time and a cleaner run of it. Getting pretty jealous of the PD 9.4 posse.

I enjoy my mornings but I wish I had more time and a cleaner run of it. Getting pretty jealous of the PD 9.4 posse.

I've got about 9km before I hit the river, but it is not too bad. And Ben and I are on PD 12.1 these days!! And sometimes PD 13.7 @saibot hasn't graduated yet. Too lazy.

Autumn/winter stuff?

They told me it might be arriving this month. The cross kit was up on Monday, and all over the stairs.

Autumn. No winter stuff as far as I could see. But you've already been there this week!!!

Back
Top Bottom