What's new

Today - September 2013

On the train back from Chichibu - 180 km Nichitsu ride with Jose (@Jayves). Will post pics later.

EDIT: Full ride report with pictures here

Last edited:
New wheels arrived in the post, today - hurray!
Excellight rims on 105 hubs, from our very own GSAstuto.

Interestingly, I've been using Shimano R500s since my fulcrum 5s broke with, it would seem, very little performance loss. The R500s have certainly felt slower, and certainly felt a little noodly when climbing out of the saddle, but Strava seems to suggest that my times haven't changed at all (it may partly be that my climbing has improved).

Gonna take them for a spin tomorrow. Very excited.

After visiting my daughter's school's bunkasai (文化祭), I changed into lycra and headed to Shinjuku and back for some extra km, but not too ambitious after yesterday's mountain ride with Jose. Those legs will need time to recover after yesterday's effort :)

Came across an anti-nuclear demo at Shibuya. They brought a brass band and drums to get more attention.

IMG_5869.JPG

IMG_5871.JPG

Today I passed 1,400 km for the month. It's been more than 30 years since I cycled that much in a month and it makes me respect what I achieved then, when I was in high school. Three months before the end of the year I have already exceeded last year's distance total.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom