What's new

Today - September 2011

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
What? It's the 3rd and no September thread yet?

Sorry for the indirect mention of politics, I have no comment one way or any other on that. I just hope that in another 16-17 years, when I turn 76, that I can claim to be doing the same thing:

"His daily exercise routine, if schedules permit, he begins his days with an early morning walk (3 to 4 miles) and caps it off with a 10- to 15-mile bike ride."

And 120 over 70, too.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...l-on-the-bike-trail?google_editors_picks=true

Managed to get about 200km in over the 3 days and all without gettig rained on :D What Typhoon?

That is what I'm talking about. I don't think I needed an umbrella all week.

Got in close to 60kms this morning on the 246 and Tamagawa Cycling Road. It was a little windy and made for a lot of fun on the way out and bit of a challenge getting back. Thanks to Fumiki for pulling me most of the way.

It looks like from Tuesday on is going to be great.

10x hill repeats of my local Vomit rockit climb at 6am this morning and then a quick stop at the local patisserie

Managed to get in 60kms on the Tamagawa, with a lot of time between 34 and 37km/h (both on the way out and the way back). Being pushed by Fumiki on Saturday doing 45km/h with the strong wind and 25km/h into the wind broke me at one point, but looks like I am seeing dividends.

If this rain would ever let up, I would like to start commuting again.

First time on the bike in about a month, and good to be back! Only managed a short run and realised that I need to be in better shape for the ePerformance training camp in October.

Went past a fellow TCCer on the way back (matching TCC jersey)towards Nerima station. Who was that? Didn't realise their was another TCC person in Nerima!

70km

And alot of it down hill! Sounds crazy but there is a steep climb at the beginning then downhill for 30km!The road sweeps the side of the mountain. The way back is allllllll headwind though. Trying out riding with only one bottle, I really like it! Its nice to get a cold beveradge verses drinking a warm second bottle. Bike feels lighter too. Ended up drinking 3 bottles.

Currently at work. Going to start doing the 10km loops I mapped out after work again, now the Typhoon has passed.

Aiming for 3 of them before it gets dark tonight, as fast as I can.

160km with Takao followed by repeats of Otarumi and then raced the Redbull girls in thier mini along the Tamagawa to Kawasaki then a warm down spin back in to Yokohama and home.

First time on the bike in about a month, and good to be back! Only managed a short run and realised that I need to be in better shape for the ePerformance training camp in October.

Went past a fellow TCCer on the way back (matching TCC jersey)towards Nerima station. Who was that? Didn't realise their was another TCC person in Nerima!

Ha! That was me on my way to work up in Narimasu for the day. I made out the TCC jersey too late to say hi or wave. Unfortunately I didn't finish work before the apocalyptic rains started in the evening and got drenched on the ride back, muttering to myself, "Should have brought the rain bike... should have brought the gd rain bike..." all the way back to home.

I live in Shimokitazawa and my office is in Mita, so I was only up your way for the day.

8 September

Totally overslept and was late for work. (I needed the sleep - feel fine today as opposed to lousy yesterday.)

Riding into town at 09.15 instead of my more normal 07.30 is a great confidence boost. There are so many more wannabe trackies and roadies for me to flash past up the hills ("Wha... who was that fast, fat gaijin..?")

First stage of a three stage hill climb series organised by JCA today. Nice local event. There's one later this month in Fukushima which I'll attend and one next month too way down yonder in Okayama ken.

http://hill-challenge.jp/

Nice event to try if you are close to those areas.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I will most likely be having a go at this, as it is quite close to my house.

Wait for me at the top?

80km Tsugawa and Tamagawa loop with repeats of Yomuri 1km Hill Climb thrown in.

Got a new oven so 'test baking' and gaining some weight. Need to bulk up a bit so I have incentive to work it off!

Paul, that is very cool, I use my iPhone for similar stuff!

I have a buddy that lives just across the water from where you were riding in Takamatsu, and he said the area got hammered but they were OK, so it makes sense that the hills would be messy.

Back
Top Bottom