What's new

Today - September 2010

Ok normally run up at on a 34-25 or 27. I can spin out at a average of 95rpm and maintain this for long periods on the steep sections while sitting in.

On the attacks I will drop down two gear to say either 24 or 23 and get out ofthe saddle and push the heart rate up, then shift up one gear and sit back in and get the heart rate down again and then attack repeating the process.

Last proper attack I did was Otarumi with Yair and Kori half way up the climb I was averaging about 35km/h I was just flying.

Mid-week ...

...120km! I wasn't expecting to, but I had a half-day (finished at noon), and my buddy called me from out of the blue - actually, he called from Bushi (near Hanno) - and said come out for lunch.
I thought, that's just up the river a bit and then a short detour on Rte.463 & 299.
I was there in just over 2 hours (65km - with an Ave.Spd of 28.3km/h on the meter). I left there at 5pm, and because it's started getting dark earlier, came home along Rte.254, and through Ikebukuro. Whilst on 254, I came up behind another cyclist. We'd never met before, but he introduced himself as "Patrick, from Germany" (I think he said he knows Keren, though).
>Patrick: Nice meeting you, and thanks for the navigational tips through Ikebukuro:cool:

Got home just after 7:30, with 121km on the clock.
BTW, I know it's the wrong thread and all but, I picked up some of that "Finish-Line Ceramic Wax" lube yesterday, and I have to say, I like it a lot! My chain is still shiny silver. There's a bit of black grease that comes off the chain when it's rubbed, but nothing compared to what it was like before.:D
Anyway, that was Today! T
The rain tomorrow should give my legs a chance to rest before the "Best of the West" ride this Saturday - I thought there'd be more people coming to that, by the way:(

...120km! I wasn't expecting to, but I had a half-day (finished at noon), and my buddy called me from out of the blue - actually, he called from Bushi (near Hanno) - and said come out for lunch.
I thought, that's just up the river a bit and then a short detour on Rte.463 & 299.
I was there in just over 2 hours (65km - with an Ave.Spd of 28.3km/h on the meter). I left there at 5pm, and because it's started getting dark earlier, came home along Rte.254, and through Ikebukuro. Whilst on 254, I came up behind another cyclist. We'd never met before, but he introduced himself as "Patrick, from Germay" (I think he said he knows Keren, though).
>Patrick: Nice meeting you, and thanks for the navigational tips through Ikebukuro:cool:

Got home just after 7:30, with 121km on the clock.
BTW, I know it's the wrong thread and all but, I picked up some of that "Finish-Line Ceramic Wax" lube yesterday, and I have to say, I like it a lot! My chain is still shiny silver. There's a bit of black grease that comes of the chain when it's rubbed, but nothing compared to what it was like before.:D
Anyway, that was Today! T
The rain tomorrow should give my legs a chance to rest before the "Best of the West" ride this Saturday - I though there'd be more people coming to that, by the way:(

Travis I might try some of that wax myself. Yeah, only looks like 3 of us on Saturday. You may enjoy another chance at kicking my butt as I have another very hard interval session planned tomorrow, my second this week. Excuses excuses I know, but just so you know:D

Hmm, wondering if I should jump in on BoW - what do you think Travis? Aside from the volcanic road rash and flash-backs from the night time descent off Subaru, i'm pretty well recovered.. and have a new ride ...

Saturday.

Hmm, wondering if I should jump in on BoW - what do you think Travis? Aside from the volcanic road rash and flash-backs from the night time descent off Subaru, i'm pretty well recovered.. and have a new ride ...

Hey Tim,
I reckon you should stick with Kori's group for the moment.
The reason is, we'll be basically "reconning" the course as a possible race route.
And as such, we won't be waiting around (for the slowest rider - me? - it will be practically non-stop), so we can get a gauge for how long it will take.
Also, both Mike and Serguei will be heading home before the end, and I won't stop until the finish after they have gone.
But I think this course will become a TCC staple, so there'll be plenty of other chances.
Cheers! T

Guilty of shoaling another rider this morning.

Guilty of shoaling another rider this morning.
Shame on you.

Shame on me too - I drove my car. I need to get her some new tyres, so the rain gave me a good excuse to come to work in a steel, waterproof shell. I'm glad I did. There were many sections of R246 with overloaded drains and huge pools of standing water. A torrent thrown up by a truck on the opposite carriageway shook the Elgrand and gave me quite a turn. Imagine getting that on a road bike!

--HF Mike--

Continuing my run of equipment problems my Top peak mini pump completely failed today. Thank you cycling Gods I had CO2! Without it I would've been taxiing it home:mad: Surely I'm due for a good run with no breakages!

Great recovery ride on Monday with the squad down to Kamakura turned instantly from a recovery ride into a full on stage race, with attack after attack after attack after attack.

Awesome!

21 September

Happy equinox tomorrow, everyone!

This is new: it's now dark when I get home, so I have to set up floodlights to work on my bike. But it's still so warm that people are using a/c in the house. Result of the extra kilowatt power draw from the floodlights - blackout.

Ooops.

So that's why my power suddenly went off today! Floodlights + AC from the Sims-Williams block drawing all the juice!

Managed an early 'TT' with Pete. The western hill ride cancelled to rain - so we decided to hammer down the Arakawa. This was nice recovery ride for me following a pretty hard previous week. Still we got caught out in the rain - but at least no traffic on the river. Managed to squeeze in a few laps around the Palace to bust in some mini-intervals as well.

Like a little kid playing under the rain :)

Brake pad goo all over the rims and on my socks. Also if any body else uses those saddles with "blood flow relief" features, the first that gets drenched is the crotch.

lso if any body else uses those saddles with "blood flow relief" features, the first that gets drenched is the crotch.
Thanks for sharing. You and your saturated chamois can take some comfort in the fact that you are officially badass (period), in accordance with Rule 9.

Or save yourself a drenching and invest in a wee mudguard.

--HF Mike--

Well I think Im covered for the rules today!

Raced at Shuzenji in my first Jitsugyodan race and came 3rd! Hello BR1!!:D

Very, very well! especailly in the sprint for the line.... zero flex 100% power to drive.

Woke up early to a gray morning but jumped on the train out to Takao for some much needed hillclimb practice.
The rain started to come down pretty hard as I was unpacking the bike outside the station. Wearing nothing more than shorts an a T-shirt I decided it would be too cold to ride the mountains in the rain.......was very wet after riding the 40km's back into Shinjuku.

Need to get some warmer clothes :mad:

Back
Top Bottom